Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I being Watched???

Question Am I being Watched???

Ok here's the deal I port scan my pc at work (which I own) As is pretty normal for an unprotected pc it is showing quite a few ports open. None of them will really let you do any thing with them (that I know how to do) but port 6515 will let me view it through IE
    without any trouble it displays a list of temp files and one file with a .idx extension?
    It is all html (if that helps) it is xp pro o/s.

thanks
    tar6et

I did some searching and this is what I came up with
    IDX Microsoft Outlook Express file
    IDX Index file (Microsoft Clip Gallery v. 1.x)
    IDX Index file (Pro/Engineer)
    IDX = Corel QuickFinder Information
    IDX = FAX file
    IDX = Header information (CMYK image) (Stork format)
    IDX = ICQ index
    IDX = Index file, used by many applications
    IDX = LaTeX index
    IDX = Microsoft Outlook Express file: mailbox
    IDX = Misc
    IDX = Relational database index (Microsoft FoxPro)
    IDX = Symantec Q&A relational database index file
    IDX = temporary Internet Mail file AOL

Sorry I couldn't dig up more info for you, but it seems that a " lightweight http server" listens on TCP port 6515.

Try fport from foundstone.com, see if any backdoors are binding to it (I doubt it though).

http://foundstone.com/index.htm?subn.../freetools.htm

If I find anything else, Ill msg you
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

thanks so much for the speedy response. If this is an example of a common expirience on this forum I just maybe around long enough to help someone else down the road

tar6et

er0k
    honestly, what the **** kinda title is this for a thread. you need to do some research before you ask questions. with idx extensions there is hardly ever **** there, and if so just put a god damned firewall on your pc, its ridiculous to ask about open ports if you dont have a firewall..

"i have all these open ports and are they vulnerable?"

answer, firewall. jesus christ.

Originally posted here by er0k
    honestly, what the **** kinda title is this for a thread. you need to do some research before you ask questions. with idx extensions there is hardly ever **** there, and if so just put a god damned firewall on your pc, its ridiculous to ask about open ports if you dont have a firewall..

"i have all these open ports and are they vulnerable?"

answer, firewall. jesus christ.
    wow your a jerk. I dont care what he asked it didnt deserve a response like that.

Edit::And did it also require you to use so much profanity?

Uh....HUh? Well any way the pc is supposed to be unprotected one of the guys i work was an
    IT manager for Mcafee he changes things and I try to find said changes from a remote PC.
    You know part of the learning process and all that's why it's my pc and not the companies.
    but I do however value your ever so helpful input.

tar6et

(thanks n1ghtstalker)

damn er0k no need to be so mean

er0k
    Originally posted here by N1ghtStalker

wow your a jerk. I dont care what he asked it didnt deserve a response like that.

Edit::And did it also require you to use so much profanity?
    ok first off,

[a] it was necessary to use so much profanity because it gets my point across - i was pissed off at the time because people just see a website, start posting without getting to know what its about. its annoying, it happens all the time, and until we are all stern about it, it will indeed continue

[b] n00b, stfu, i have been here a long time and i know the way of the people here. it doesnt matter if they agree with me or not i have the ability to pass judgement, and this guy was just another face in the crowd being stupid and not using his/her brain

[c] im not a jerk, i am actually quite a pleasant person, just not on these forums when required of me. Yes it did deserve a response like that, you gave me a claim now give me a warrant, i dont see one?

hackophreak - stop trying to kiss ass here , you know me outside of AO and its just ridiculous when people bitch about stupid crap hanging on their pc. They go to google and search for hacking, eventually come here, start messing around with cracking tools or something like that, **** something up on their machine, figure out how to ask a question without sounding stupid, ask it, get their problem solved, and here we are again, discussing this. I frankly am getting sick and tired of it. RTFM.

-- that means read the ****ing manual, which you can find this on the site everywhere you look, its in a quick tip, its in hacker jargon files here, its in threads, members profiles, etc... its called a search engine.

Originally posted here by er0k
    [B]

ok first off,

[a] it was necessary to use so much profanity because it gets my point across - i was pissed off at the time because people just see a website, start posting without getting to know what its about. its annoying, it happens all the time, and until we are all stern about it, it will indeed continue

n00b, stfu, i have been here a long time and i know the way of the people here. it doesnt matter if they agree with me or not i have the ability to pass judgement, and this guy was just another face in the crowd being stupid and not using his/her brain

[c] im not a jerk, i am actually quite a pleasant person, just not on these forums when required of me. Yes it did deserve a response like that, you gave me a claim now give me a warrant, i dont see one?

hackophreak - stop trying to kiss ass here , you know me outside of AO and its just ridiculous when people bitch about stupid crap hanging on their pc. They go to google and search for hacking, eventually come here, start messing around with cracking tools or something like that, **** something up on their machine, figure out how to ask a question without sounding stupid, ask it, get their problem solved, and here we are again, discussing this. I frankly am getting sick and tired of it. RTFM.

-- that means read the ****ing manual, which you can find this on the site everywhere you look, its in a quick tip, its in hacker jargon files here, its in threads, members profiles, etc... its called a search engine.

A: It was not necessary to be that rude or to use that much profanity. If a simple thread on a forum pisses you off that much you need to get help. Posts like these will always be here because there will always be new people in the forum. You can either ignore the post or you can stop in to flame someone and help to degenerate the forum even further with your childish elitist remarks. You are not impressing anyone.

B: This section was just childish rambling and I wont bother coming up with rebuttals.

C: You claim to be a pleasent person, however that is not evident in your post. Like I previously mentioned, you can either learn to live with these types of posts because they arent going away or you can continue to act like a child.

Bottom line is that you sound like a young person who lacks any sort of social skills. I know that I have anti-points but this is because people like you give them to me when I call them out on how childish they are behaving.

Grow up.