Thread: spyware here ?

spyware here ?

I use spybot search and destroy. I have the options set to prompt me when downloading spyware. There was a thread about this a week , and the thread was closed.
    Anyways if anyone else has spybot, set it to prompt you when it encouters spyware and see if you get the same results.
    When this happened i was searching for tutorials in the site. Maybe this is a stupid mistake on my part but see what you get. I get a pop-up waring of Avenue. A inc. a known threat.
    I have attacthed a screenshot of what happened. The address bar on top right shows where i am.
    p.s. Same thing happened to me when i came to edit this.
    In spybot -->immunize--->ask for blocking comfrimation.....

Apparently Avenue A doesnt collect the cookie information anymore but they once did and AO has it on their site now and then im sure. If they are to incompetent to know they have(or)had spyware on their site they dont need to run it and if they did know about it that is even worse.

Well it also happens in hotmail.

Spyware is spyware. Like I said they dont collect the information now but they once did. Dont trust anyone, microsoft or antionline.

well this has been brought up before..

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...742#post656742

and intmon said this

I can tell you for certain that this site has no spyware. It does utilize cookies, which may be detected as spyware. And if it did have spyware, it would have been brought to our attention long before now (right folks?)
    I replied (before his post) that there are a lot of sites (hotmail included) that will give you this what I will call.. a "false positive" by spybot because it's a "don't care". I'm fairly sure that what is being seen is a result of the cookies trying to be dropped by the advertizing that's here.

here's the links i put in the other thread about it.. but if it at all interests you.. just search google on "Avenue A"..
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/in...7&hl=avenue+a&
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread...994#post818994

Banned
    Originally posted here by N1ghtStalker
    Dont trust anyone, microsoft or antionline.
    AntiOnline is basicly nothing more than a collective of computer enthusiast, without us there is no AO & BTW I have done nothing to you and neither has the other thousands of AOers here. If you want to blame someone for your problems or something then go bitch about JP or JupM like all those other crazy jokers at anti-offline do all the time.

I wanted to reply to the other thread but it`s closed. Sorry to waist space but i just wanted a better understanding i guess. I googled it and read alot about it, i just wanted to see if others got the same results i did.
    Thanks for the replys.

Thanks for the warm reply.