I'm speechless
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm speechless

I'm speechless

Omar bin Bakri Muhammad, the group's leader, told the London Arabic newspaper Al-Sharq al-Awsat that participants will discuss the motives of the hijackers, whom he called "heroes."
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...3829-1065r.htm
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

This is sad, and not because I agree with america's and Britain's stance or actions, but because these people have respect for life itself. Truly sad beings.

Wow, I really am speechless...

And is it me or does this article praise these hijackers little right to expression???
    I don't think they'd like my form of expression .
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Originally posted here by THE RADICAL
    me want to grab a trusty M4A1 and eliminate these blood thirsty cowards from existance.

irony, anyone?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Lol, yea, I see it. But I was caught in the moment of anger what can I say. Just like any person I know we all say things out of terms sometimes. Escpecially when they just woke up.

In all seriousness however, this really does hit a nerve.
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

the Radical...
    I REALLY hope that someone smashes a plane into THIER little conference building and we'll see who the HELL likes it NOW!
    One of the 4 conferences is being held in Birmingham UK - my HOME city and where I live. I find that sentiment of yours as offense as you would if I had said a similar thing to you - do you ****ing well mind! Please let me make it clear I've got NO sympathy at all for the people holding the conference. However your statement shows precisely why a lot of europeans are annoyed with the US - you object when someone crashes a plane into buildings on your territory but as soon as someone disagrees with you, you appear to be quite happy to crash a plane into a building on someone elses territory. A case of double standards if ever I saw it!

I know it was said in the heat of the moment by your last post, but treating the post quite so flippantly doesn't do you any favours either. Of all people I would have thought you would have shown a bit more sense. Let me say it again I HAVE NO SYMPATHY with the people holding the conference and on Septemebr 11th I may well be one of those people protesting outside the conference hall. You make unthinking statements like the above and wonder why people who might be your allies decide to stand against you? I know you recognise it as an unthinking statement .... but where's the apology?

I guess I'm going to get the **** negged out of me now (even if this is in cosmos) but I cannot let your comments go unanswered from this side of the water.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Yes I was pretty much venting and I do apologize I just can't find a reason why they would want to celebrate this. It baffles my mind but I do realize it is what they believe.

Why would you get negged for that, you are in the right here I was in the wrong. I should have thought before I posted that commnent.

A poster touting the event to be held at four locations in England includes photographs of the al Qaeda hijackers and refers to them as "The Magnificent 19" a word play on the 1960 film "The Magnificent Seven."
    These bastards have some nerve. They'll get whats coming to them soon enough.

Islam a religion of peace
    Who are they kidding? It's no surprise in my mind, their own book teaches the hatred of Jew's and Non-muslims alike.

___

I guess I'm going to get the **** negged out of me now (even if this is in cosmos) but I cannot let your comments go unanswered from this side of the water.
    I understand where your coming from, this crap did happen to my country and i would'nt wish it on another. Your feelings are completely understandable.

___

I felt like doing a million things to those bastards after 9-11; i'm glad Uncle Sam did it on our behalf! ! !

Home of the brave land of the free!

Radical... apology accepted... no hard feelings. I don't know why they would want to celebrate it either. If it's of any comfort, where I work has a fair few muslims so I've been getting getting their thoughts on the whole issue (there's quite a high population in Birmingham UK - one of the reasons why one of the conferences is being held here) and they can't understand the fanatical muslim reaction either. A lot of moderate muslims think 9/11 was appalling too.

Why would I get negged - well we've both been around AO about the same length of time -you know as well as I do how some members react. But as long as we're cool that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

Framework... Islam is in some respects similar to Christianity in that there are some bad apples who bring down the rest. Not all muslims are arseholes, many of them around here are just as appalled as 9/11 as every civilsed person was. I don't think you can call the terrorists anything other than what they are - terrorists. And as terrorists they should rightly be punished for commiting unacceptable acts.

If I can I will try and go to this conference (doubt I'll get in though since I'm a white non muslim but we'll see) and see just what they say.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Framework... Islam is in some respects similar to Christianity in that there are some bad apples who bring down the rest. Not all muslims are arseholes, many of them around here are just as appalled as 9/11 as every civilsed person was. I don't think you can call the terrorists anything other than what they are - terrorists. And as terrorists they should rightly be punished for commiting unacceptable acts.
    Well, that's true, bad apples tend to get the headlines. I'm just stating a known fact, the Quran openly teaches the hatred of Jews and non-muslims.

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)
    "Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)
    "Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
    "Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)
    "...make war on the leaders of unbelief...Make war on them: God will chastise them at your hands and humble them. He will grant you victory over them..." (Surah 9:12-)
    "Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)
    This is all taken from the Quran, this is why i say Islam is not a religion of peace. Their book speaks for itself.

__

Nonetheless Zonewalker, your point is correct.