Thread: Wifi

Question Wifi

guy's been looking about and wana see how easy it is to detect wifi's, iv looked into it on google and seen netstumbler, my wifi card is not compatible with netstumbler, does anyone know of any other windows based wifi detecting tools?

Yes you can get boingo. You pay to get authorized access to wifi hotspots. go to www.boingo.com good luck.

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    IMHO it is too damn easy.........................if you are using this, make sure you have all the appropriate AV and firewall software installed................and be sure to change any default passwords

Good Luck

If your card is not compatible with netstumbler it probably does not like promiscious mode and may not do well for discovery of Wifi networks, although the cards are changing all the time I know some of the older 802.11b cards are bastards like that, the ones which work well are Cisco and Orinoco(was lucent someone bought the card, proxim maybe?) DellTru mobile cards are also nice, I would stay away from budget SOHO cards as alot of them are total pieces of ****. Linux really has superior stuff for this right now(as far as I know) I like Kismet but I've heard AirSnort is good too.

\"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier