seeking project suggestions....

Thread: seeking project suggestions....

seeking project suggestions....

friends a lot of person from u are in the industry...
    i am not...
    but i am to make a project...so i am planning it for the industry...
    the domain i am looking forward is application programming for bussiness enterprises....for a CRM application with web deployability

i wuld like to use XML..C++/C#

then lang usage depends on what ur project is i will comfortable with C series..

hoping u will suggest something really gud
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Flash M0nkey
    a project i was thinking off doing was a post notify type thingy for a friends forum - were it checks every Xsecs for new posts and if any have been made nofiys person of post title, forum is in etc and links to it - am working on it in flash as a stand alone ap but am sure you could do smae kind of thing in C

just an idea

v_Ln

well valhallen u are right...i thought of this also...bu**** a post graduation final yr. project...something really damm gud for bussiness enterprises...
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Flash M0nkey
    ahhh right ok

well what about a client/server ap to allow managers to track employe status over a network

server : employee logs in at start of day and client has diferent modes depending upon what employe is doing....eg::
    • Formal Break
    • Informal break
    • At meeting
    • Recieving coaching

just some general ones - you could make more specific ones depending upon industry targeting

then client side would be for manager - they could log on and view status of any given server
    maybe have a screen layed out same as office floor with each terminal a dif color depending on what mode server is in - durration of time in that mode - could also view logs of all recent terminal modes and have option to send notifications to each server or all servers - like team announcments etc

v_Ln

thx a lot for this one...ex[pecting a lot more from u all..u may be having somethinmg at ur work place that u wish wud have been.

sth which involves heavy integration from a middleware like COM/ DCOM/ WEb Services or CORBA etc would be appriciated a lot

NullDevice,

NullDevice,
    If I may make a suggestion, you can check the internet for "contract" freelance positions that my allow you to do your project, here's one site you can start with: www.contractedwork.com,
    Strike Like Lightening...Envelop Like Darkeness...
    As Strong As Thunder...As Swift As The Wind...
    As Calm As the Water...~Sun Tzu~

Hmm CRM..

Service center with intergration with IT system sales and electrical retailer, oh and to be able to extract customer data from Accounting software ie Quickbooks (Intuit/reckon software).. As well as manual input of customer data..
    Job tracking..
    Order tracking
    crossreferancing customer with parts and invoice as well as order
    Alarms set when a order arrives with parts books to specific customers..

but then I shouldnot be so lazy and start the job here myself..
    btw.. that is about 25% of the main spec..

oh and Null.. 15 more posts .. and you will be a true addict..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

MSgtN and Und3ertak3r...thx for the kewl suggestions ... thats why i always rely on AO...i know this is the definate place to look at when u looking for quality...

and anyhow Und3ertak3r i am looking forward for it to be as soon as possible...