Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative anti-points

this thread is probably going to get deleted anyways, so ill just post a question i have about antipoints. lets say i assigned someone anti points and then i change my mind and i want to take them away. How do i do that?
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

you dont - you could try pm'ing an admin but i doubt would do anything - just PM the person you assigned them to.....say u ticked disagree and was suppoused to be agree, easy done i've done it before myself......and let them know that was mistake and then once you can assign points to them again if you want you could give them some to even it out, but i dont think anyone would be too worried

v_Ln

Hey V_ln...Maybe i`ll make a flash movie highlighting the evening i spent with your mom.

alright, thanks for the help val

Hey V_ln...Maybe i`ll make a flash movie highlighting the evening i spent with your mom.
    Someone needs to delete this thread, its starting to get outa control...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

just have to do one for the old days of bad threads.

*Fart*
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Gentlemen,

With the greatest respect, I suggest that this thread is now well beyond its "sell by date" (merchandizing date?).............it ought to close?

When we descend to personal abuse, I think it is time that we started to think?

Val, please ignore him, I understand that he might be more than a little upset regarding apparent injustice, but there was no call for that response. It is a strange way to recruit allies by kicking them in the teeth?

Be cool Stay cool

PLEASE

/me wanders into thread pees on it and wanders off

I think the whole idea of "Anti-Points" is a joke. It makes the site seem like a child's playbox. If you dont like what someone has to say then who cares just ignore their post.

The thing I have noticed in my short time here is that there seems to be this domino effect with anti-points. Someone with a high numbers of points will say something bad about you and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts posting negs too.

I have also noticed that most people here are afraid to speak their mind. Afraid that they will lose thir precious anti points. I posted in a thread and called someone out for being a jerk and got hit with a few negative anti points. The people that gave me negative anti points also posted in the thread, however, I also got tons of postive points for what I said. No one who gave me positives posted in the thread, afraid to lose some of their points I suppose.

If someone is out of line it should be up to a mod to ban them. Leaving it to other forumites is a bad idea if you ask me. Some people around here seem to love to brown nose and assign negative points just to follow the crowd.

I like this place and it seems to offer some good things but some of the policies stink in my opinion. I think you are always entitled to your opinion whether I agree with it or not. If there is someone who is completely out of line then a mod should deal with it.

My two cents.

N1ghtStalker,

I understand your point and see where you are coming from. However, by and large I think it's a pretty fair system (not perfect, but fair). My advice to anyone who feels similiar as you do is to slowly built your credibility and reputation with quality comments/posts/feedback and the majority will recognize your efforts.

Cheers

P.S.
    I strongly believe that it is not only technical skills that everyone will credit you for, but for your interpersonal skills as well and humbleness to admit when you are wrong and when you are not. It is not different than how anyone needs to behaved or is judged in a professional corporate environment.

N1stalker,

You make some interesting points......

I did have some initial problems with the antipoints system, in that I may not agree with what someone said, but felt that they were quite right to say it............there is no "grey area"? I just give them pozzies and comment in the antipoints thing.

I have not noticed any real "follow my leader" behaviour though, I think that most people are their own men/women so to speak. If there is a really good post, then I would hope that more than one person acknowledges it; after all, it is deserved?

Was it Thomas Jefferson who said: "I may disagree with what you are saying, but I will lay down my life to defend your right to say it"................something like that?

I like this forum a great deal; it horrifies me when I read stuff from some guys who have obviously forgotten more about IT than I will ever know............kind of humbling as well.

There are those who say that AO has gone downhill...........hell, I am glad I was not there when it was at the top!................don't like heights

I do believe that this Californian white grenache is starting to work...........or was it the six pints of Guinness I had earlier?

Cheers