Thread: Main page Thread list

Main page Thread list

I have made a suggestion about this before, but I think I'll revamp it to say that a post should not be displayed on the main page if its been there for more than a certain amount of time lets say a week, or it recieves more than 40 replies this time.

Id like to see the main page change now and then, but the same stuff stays up there for weeks at a time, for instance the rpc/dcom exploit is 3 weeks old at the moment. Hopefully you see what im getting at.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

but the same stuff stays up there for weeks at a time, for instance the rpc/dcom exploit is 3 weeks old at the moment.
    hmm are you suggesting that very active threads should be kept of the main page?

I do agree that a couple of changes are welcome.. perhaps a "most active threads" as well as the healthy (i like the length) "recent posts" list..

to bad you seem to have turned up after some one posts something new to the "old threads".. we certainly need to find a way to stop ppl from posting in 2 yearold threads..
    hmmmmm ...three weeks.. .. [jk] i hope your AV detects virii older than 3 weeks.. [/jk]

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr