Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DualHead MandrakeI

DualHead MandrakeI

I got tired of messing with redhat, tired of trying to install codecs for media types i could easily watch on any other OS simply because redhat didn't want to deal with legal issues or something. So i downloaded and installed mandrake 9.1.. I love it already. It already plays most media types without installing codecs, It recognized my dualhead system automatically, (which is something i could never get to work in redhat.) and I had no hardware issues of any kind. I had to mess around with the xf86config-4 file to get the screens orientated properly, and that's where I ran into my first problem. When I run the x configuration to change the resolution of my screen(s) only the 2nd one changes. the first one is still at 640x480, which is KILLING me! Anyone know of another way to change screen resolutions? Maybe that would help me control the resolutions independently.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

habla inglais?
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

on mandrake XFdrake should help otherwise edit the config file manually(better) add ur own resolutions to it and then define the default one.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

the config file lists the possible resolutions for the different color settings, not the current one, when i tried deleting all the resolutions from the default colorsetting section except the one i wanted, X detected that the current resolution wasn't listed as supported under the current color setting and that display wasn't initialized.

Hi,
    Can you copy paste your /etc/X11/XF86Config here..
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

hi
    I think you should try Redhat 9 atleast for once .Its really good and gives no problem at all

well as far as X is considered Mandrake is as gud as RH and also if u face a prob in a distro u shud try to resolv it and not abonden the distro and use another.....
    pls post the config file here ..or send it to me in my PM...and i will love to have a look at it...also pls dont forget to send in the screen (inches) the monitor info...video card info and what resolutions at what color depth are available in windows....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Originally posted here by mohitmoudgil
    hi
    I think you should try Redhat 9 atleast for once .Its really good and gives no problem at all
    learn to read and then check out the first post in this thread.

Anyway, I have dual 17 inch CRTs I want to run at 1280x1024, (yes the hardware is capable) I have an AGP NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440SE, and a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 (both 64MB) the GeForce 4 is my primary (screen1) and the Radeon is my secondary(Screen 2). when I change the resolution in normal x configuration programs, the radeon's resolution changes, but the geforce stays at 640x480.

here is my xf86config-4 file:

2 things here after seeing ur config file.....

1. download the nvidia drivers from nvidia website....and install those...then as per the instructions change the nividia driver from current "nv" to "nvidia"

2. in the section "monitor" identifier "monitor2" i cant see the values of HorizSync and
    VertRefresh ...pls add them ...if ur both monitors are of the same make and model ("ViewSonic G773") the u can add the values of monitor1 section to the monitor 2 section....

otherwise i cant see anything else is wrong with ur config file.....

may this helps..

already tried installing the nvidia drivers, I can't login to root at runlevel 3 for some reason it says my password is invalid, I planned to tackle that later when I had fixed this. also, my monitors arent the same, the first is a viewsonic, the second is a compaq v70. as for the horizsynch and vsynch values on the second monitor, they can't be the cause of the problem because they are missing from the monitor that works, the viewsonic is the one i have on the screen i can't resize.