php error
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: php error

Flash M0nkey

php error

ok mentioned this in the server set-up thread but thought I would give its on thread as have run into another error >_<

ok keep getting the file am trying to access is info.php - it just contains

<?php phpinfo() ?>

is this the right format to show php info??? - but even if it is wrong wouldn't it display a diff error to one am getting?

have installed latest version of php with Xitami server

the server is instaled at c:\Xitami
    php is at c:\php

running on win98se - have not altered any of defaults cept in
    c:\php\backup\php.ini

were I have changed

cgi.force_redirect=1
    to
    cgi.force_redirect=0

as says to do to get it working with Xitami - anyone know how to config it??? - havn't even started on setting up mySQL yet >_<;

am not too worried about security aspect atm as am not planning on hosting on home pc just need it for testing purposes - anyone got any ideas?

thanks

v_Ln

<?php phpinfo(); ?> isn't is?

What webserver? Apachee or ISS or other?
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Flash M0nkey
    am running the Xitami server

Ah....no idea...
    I would test the php with this.
    <?php
    echo 'Hello World.';
    ?>

if that dont work then your PHP is b0rked, if it does work, then it's prolly the settings, but what do I know?
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Flash M0nkey
    dont think there as anything wrong with the php just needs to be config'd so i dont get this security error - anyone any ideas what else I have to change??

v_Ln

hmmm
    I'v got PHP, SQL and ISS running on my system, but I can't remember of the top of my head, sorry.

Firstly... have you moved 'php.ini' to the C:\Windows folder? After that, you need to move 'php4ts.dll' to the C:\Windows\system folder.

Finally, you must make sure that your server is loading the PHP modules, which I cannot help you with since I have no experience with Xitama.

Banned
    I forgot where you posted the server stuff, but here you go

I was testing it to make sure it all worked.

Okay, I'll start from the begininng so there is no chance for problems. Just pick and choose what ya need, ok?

1. Get MySQL and install it as usual. In the BIN folder in the MySQL root directory there is a little tool for WINMySQLAdmin.exe. Make a shortcut to it, open it and supply a user name and password. The little icon will go in the systray. Make sure when you close it, you RIGHT-CLICK over it and say "hide me" NOT "close" or else the server will go away :P Restart Windows for the INI file to take effect.

2. Download and install the latest PHP. Note the installation of the PHP.INI file. It's usually in the WINDOWS directory. If not, search for it. Also note the location of PHP.EXE. It's usually in c:\PHP\PHP.EXE.

3. Download Xitami and the lrphplib.zip (that will support PHP files).

Configuring Xitami:

open http://localhost/admin/ and you will be in the main config window. Look for

" Default HTML page: "

and make the first entry index.php

Installing and configuring lrphplib:

unzip lrphplib.zip and move the directory to C:\Xitami\addons

and in c:\Xitami\xitami.cfg, look for

[Filter]
    .ssi=perlssi # Pass *.ssi to PerlSSI
    .shtm=perlssi # Pass *.shtm to PerlSSI
    .shtml=perlssi # Pass *.shtml to PerlSS

and add the line

.php=c:\php\php.exe

yeah, yeah, it says PHP3 but works fine with PHP4.

Move your forum files to to the c:\Xitami\webpages directory and see if it works. It should.

Flash M0nkey
    heh albn we belong to too many forums can't keep track of all the places post - hehe

v_Ln

AO French Antique News Whore
    The Right Syntax is <?php phpinfo(); ?>

You forgot the ; who is realy important in php
    -Simon \"SDK\"