Poetry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poetry

er0k

Poetry

It doesnt matter.

It doesn't matter, when you give up.
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Token drunken Irish guy
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, do you mean poetry is not worth while, if so you are very very wrong.

Without it we would never have had Blake, no doors of perception hence no Doors the band.

Without it we would never have had Yeats, romantic ireland's dead and gone, no celtic revival.

Without it we would never have had, need I say it, Shakespeares sonnets, no E.E. Cummings, Frost, Shelly, Heaney...!

er0k
    i mean, it doesnt matter to the mass of the people, and i dont feel like writing it anymore, the reason i wrote it wasn't for myself, and now im just having a block or something, either that or im just getting too damned critical of myself. You all can search around here, ive written 8-10 poems or so and posted them here...

Banned
    Well maybe you don't have the motivation right now, I mean sometimes you some times you don't.

I will write one and post it if you want me to just to give you some imspiration.

Jizz

Poems are like babies, they're beautiful to their creator, and annoying to everyone else. I know, I'm a poet

Token drunken Irish guy
    Let's face we cant all be great poets, in fact it is extremely rare that a poet will be recognised. I am not a poet, I've studied to much English to know I will never be a poet, all those rhyming schemes, scansion for christs sake.

Anyway, if I was you I would keep writing, even if its really bad poetry the more you write the better you become. Anyway there is already enough opium for the masses, go make some for yourself.

If poetry Isn't working for you right now you might want to try philosophy. Come up with a few and try to somehow shape them into a poem. Some of them can get really deep, it's cool if your into that sorta thing. Just a suggestion.
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

er0k: you must be relativly new to writeing, every one has a creative block, time will pass and you will get through it.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

er0k
    I'm not, in any circumstance, or rather, consider myself - a writer.. i just write that stuff mainly to cheer people up or to express anger/depression.