Thread: Yahoo Packet Encrypted?

Yahoo Packet Encrypted?

I created a yahoo messenger and i'm able to receive the packets and decrypt them with this function that i got off of PlanetSourceCode.com

Code:
    Function StripKey(Expression$, tString$) As String
    Dim Keys() As String
    StripKey = Expression
    For tLoop = 0 To Len(tString) + 5000
    StripKey = Replace(StripKey, Mid$(tString$, tLoop + 1, 1), Empty)
    Next
    End Function
    I can get the raw date send it to the function and it comes out with a number and a string. The number, just say is the number 1 then it would mean i'm successfully connected and the number 2 means i'm disconnected. What my question is, when i view the raw data it only consists of the this string "YCHT". How is it possible to pull a number and a 500 CHR string out of that? Also if someone could explain to me how the code above works. Thank you.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Re: Yahoo Packet Encrypted?

Originally posted here by spools.exe
    I created a yahoo messenger and i'm able to receive the packets and decrypt them with this function that i got off of PlanetSourceCode.com

Code:
    Function StripKey(Expression$, tString$) As String
    Dim Keys() As String
    StripKey = Expression
    For tLoop = 0 To Len(tString) + 5000
    StripKey = Replace(StripKey, Mid$(tString$, tLoop + 1, 1), Empty)
    Next
    End Function
    I can get the raw date send it to the function and it comes out with a number and a string. The number, just say is the number 1 then it would mean i'm successfully connected and the number 2 means i'm disconnected. What my question is, when i view the raw data it only consists of the this string "YCHT". How is it possible to pull a number and a 500 CHR string out of that? Also if someone could explain to me how the code above works. Thank you.
    Hi!

Well, i hope you know what youre doing. I guess you want to encrypt and decrypt the data you send via your app right? So you need an en-/decryption function.

Your above function is none of that. The original function must have been part of a string filter or obfuscator, simple character replacement/substitution thingy. What is does is comparing two values against each other and let StripKey be StripKey as long as Expression is not found in tString. In case it does find an instance of tString in Expression it strips away that character.

feed the function with :

msgbox StripKey("1234F345I435676L547TO54ER68", "1234567890")

then the output should be "FILTER" since every number is sorted out from Expression.
    So this is the only use i could think of. Filter a text whatever, that was pre-salted ;-)
    Since the function is called Stripkey it's likely to be just a part of a REAL decryption algorithm; it filters out the key for decrytion which has been added to the encrypted data hidden in junk.

So yes you could use this filter function to filter out your text out of a string, which has been filled with junk by another function. But it's not encryption in any way, not even substitution or rotation.
    I think your question was based upon the misunderstanding of the function. you fed it with two large strings and only a small string was the output right? you cannot reverse the output of the function since it's a filter.

it depends on what you feed it with. if you say the input was only "YCHT" it depends on the second value. if it's "YCHT" aswell yu get 4 times & 5000times nothing since if it's 1 you get 5004 times "YCHT" because 1 doesn't exist in "YCHT" ...

Write a function which fills your message text with random characters, numbers ... at random positions, then the above function would filter out those pre_added characters if you include them in your mask.

not sure why 5000 is added to the loop count ... delete it, it should work the way i explained it.

Hope it helped understanding it. Mabe i got it wrong...

The Number That is pulled out of the string can be defined by the followin list i created. I would like to build unto this list. If you know what any of the other numbers do please post them.

1 - Login
    2 - Logoff
    17 - USER ENTERS/JOINED ROOM
    18 - User Leaves Chat
    23 - Chat invitation
    33 - User Away(Chat)
    65 - Chat Speech
    67 - Chat Emotion
    68 - ADVERTISMENT
    69 - Private Message
    70 - UserAway(Messenger)
    104 - Buddylist(User Offline/Online)
    105 - E-Mail Message
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

sorry spools, you simply provide too less information on what functions you are using for which purpose and what you want to do. it just doesn't make sense this way.
    if it is your code please post more information on the important parts and clarify your questions.
    ooze