Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ´´ ~~

´´ ~~

hail

i do not know why, but when i press "´" or "~" in the keyboard, my windows 98 se with all updates makes two "´" and "~", so i can not put them over any letter, i it writes two like this "´´" "~~".
    the thing is that there is a virus wich makes the computer act like this... i would never get a virus even if i do not run anti-virus... and i did search all the microsoft and symantec files and all their .exe wich they say that the virus creates, i do not have any of them.
    what do you think

farewell

Banned
    files can be renamed.... you should get a virus scanner and scan your computer ...

have you tried a different keyboard to rule out hardware issues?
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

Thing I am not the resident Virus expert, But anyone can get a Virus First.

Second I would advise that you get an anti-virus atleast get a free one.

There are plenty of free ones out there.

Go to this site and pick one up.

http://www.free-av.de

You can get a free one from there.
    \
    Know as for, a virus that does what your talking about.

First someone help me here I didn't know that if you hit the ~ symbol that you could put that over a letter please tell me how.

Second I don't really think that it is a Virus, check to see type other letters on your keyboard to see if the same thing happens. If so them, your Keyboard might be fried, But as far as I have heard, there are no Virus's that do what your talking about.

Someone let me know if there is.

Jizz

One of these? &#227
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

thank you

hail

thank you for your replays.

memory: there is a file wich i do not know what it is... qynx.exe C:\windows\all users\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp no need to say that this file could be...

breakology: i can say "~" with no problem in ms-dos.

whizkid2300: i should get a anti-virus, wich is the best one (i do not want norton) ? is there any anti-virus that includes a firewall ?

thank you

farewell

Re: thank you

Originally posted here by Thing
    hail

thank you for your replays.

memory: there is a file wich i do not know what it is... qynx.exe C:\windows\all users\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp no need to say that this file could be...

breakology: i can say "~" with no problem in ms-dos.

whizkid2300: i should get a anti-virus, wich is the best one (i do not want norton) ? is there any anti-virus that includes a firewall ?

thank you

farewell
    Norton has a complete Internet Security package, Macfee does too. Both firewalls are pretty good. Ontrack System suite 4.0 has.....A **** load. I dont think I can figure out why you wouldnt have these things already.

Banned
    If that only happens in MS-Word then its not a virus or anything all it does is wait to see weather or not the next character will be a vowel or not so if you pressed ~ and then a it would automaticly make it an ã. However if the next character is a constonant then it will simply be ~b (or whatever).

Thing-
    Just for the fun of it.
    Press {alt}+{ctrl}+{delete}, and see what is running.

no thanks

hail

gore: "i do not want norton".

sirdirge: happens in windows, anything.

the|spetral_: i know all that are running!

farewell