Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ´´ ~~

Thing-
    I`m sorry i just thought that might help.
    I must have misjudged your in·tel·li·gence.

The Iceman Cometh
    WhizKid: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+~ proceeded by letter will create letters such as ñ.

Thing: For an AntiVirus program, if you want a free one, you're going to have to get a separate virus scanner and firewall, since none of the free packages (as far as I know) have both available. There are also a bunch of free online virus scanners (which you can find via google). Just try some, see what you like (since you know you don't like Norton) and stick with it. I personally wouldn't go for anything besides Norton, since most others are either memory hogs or don't work all too well (at least not in my tests).

AJ

of the comercial AV's PC-Cillin has included firewall.. not a fan of the 2003..but then i am fussy
    not a fan of all the crap with NAV.. nav is ok..read as fair

So have you checked the keyboard by replacement?.. had some funny sob keyboards.. also a mobo prob in the dos days.. llowercase n would lock some progs..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Sounds like a configuration problem. Not like an hardware or a virus problem. Have you searched in the configuration panel?

For your AV problem. I would recommend Kaspersky for commercial AV, or AVG for free one.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Might I respectfully suggest that you go into "control panel" and click on the "keyboard" icon, then check your languages settings?

I have had problems with keyboards that were American or Swedish.......you have to tell the operating system about this.

Just a thought?

it will be hard to find a anti-virus and a firewall

hail

sure i will do that, i just know that i saw something about a virus messing up the keyboard with the same problem, tried the removel tools from symantec but found nothing.

i can get a commercial anti-virus, what i wanted was a all-in-one tool, anything but something that goes inside the system too much, example puting files in other folders like norton that puts file in program files and lots of fonders in /windows. i want something simple that will only put files in the place i install... something that will not give me many problems with the system, people say macafee is evil...

farewell

please

hail

can anyone please replay, because i feel like i need to use a anti-virus and a firewall, if no one replays i am going to try avg and zonealarm, maybe it is not the right choise for what i like (please red my previous messages! thanks)

farewell

We have been trying to tell you to use AV and a Firewall since the begining!

Thing, old chap...........................please follow Uncle John's advice:

You must do a websearch..............try Google?

Find "spybot search & destroy"....download, update & run.
    Find "AdAware 6.0" ...download, update & run.

You must have a current anti-virus an a firewall...................try Pc-cillin for the AV...the latest one has some firewall as well..........you will have to pay for this one.

try these steps then come back

cheers

EDIT: Guys...what has Thing done? why all the negs?

"Home of the brave, land of the free;
    why won't you let him be what he wants to be?"

PM me if you have a comment, please...............

i am sorry

hail

because i said rude things like for example:

i did not ask for adaware. and all those bad things

please my friends tell me what you think pc-cilin because it looks like it is the only nice anti-virus and firewall in one tool. http://www.trendmicro.com/en/product...e/features.htm many thanks

thanks

farewell