Bad Memory (perhaps and which?)

Thread: Bad Memory (perhaps and which?)

Bad Memory (perhaps and which?)

I have a system that since the addition of more RAM (PC-100 ECC) has began to freeze up under load.

Is there an efficient way to test where the problem could be rather than just swapping chips? I have not been able to find anything useful under various searches on google for "ram testing", "memory testing", etc.

Ideally a program that was able to load different sectors sequentially perhaps.

Much thanks,

link for memory testing tools,

Memtest86 seems be a great tool (takes a while to run tho but checks which ram is faulty and such, links you to they homepage on that site if u want to find out more about it etc,

or maybe try MemTest,

\"it is better to stay silent and appear stupid then to speak and remove all doubt\"

use norton system works there is a module to test your RAM...and more over u can test your whole PC for any problems either in windows or otherwise...also i am supposing u are using windows....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

I agree with goozle, use memtest86

Ignore any memory tester which runs under an operating system (except possibly plain DOS). A memory tester cannot work with an OS.