Thread: Google Removes Links in Response to DMCA Complaint

Google Removes Links in Response to DMCA Complaint

read it at /.

"If you search Google for Kazaa Lite, you'll find the results a bit lacking. Ironically enough, Sharman Networks, using the DMCA, filed a legal complaint to block Kazaa Lite sites. " Google links the DMCA request at the end of the results which contain the URLs in question, but the URLs aren't really the point. It's scary that the DMCA makes URLs a copyright violation. How long before libraries can't index books? Or own them? "

Source here : http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/31/1349214

i feel really bad about it. This is unfair..... Google is a search engine..its task is to search....not to check its legality ..its the end user who is to see if it is illigal.....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Well i`m really bored today.

Search K++

/supreme being

Quite ironic that Kazaa is using the DMCA to protect its copyright when its software does what?

Anyway, this is really bullsh!t. It really looks a lot like censorship to me. A Search engine just searches for information based on a bunch of keywords given by the user. However, just using different keywords will still get you the information I guess. Also there are alternotive serach engines out there. I normally use a couple of different search engines when searching for something to make usre I get the full picture.

Isn’t that the whole concept behind the information age, that information should be free for everyone. Not filtered by laws or social preferences.

If Sherman Networks has a grudge against the maker of kazaa lite…let them go after the maker. They in no way have any right (in my mind) to interfere with my access to information. Of course our lame-ass governments have already set the precedents to validate their claims by allowing the beast to enter the realm of our freedoms under the guise of the church of scientology. Forcing all references to “unauthorized scientology material” found in search engines be removed. Links to nazi related sites were forcibly removed by other lovers of democracy…there by insuring freedom of thought? The human race is doomed to be enslaved under righteousness’ name

I really wish we had the solidarity here to start a push to reverse this trend.

At least maybe this case by it self will make kazaa users see what kind of monster their greed is empowering. One that will stop at nothing to insure its right to lie, deceive and use in anyway it can, the very people that defend it
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I am reminded of a line from a song:

"Land of the Brave, Home of the Free; why won't you let him be what he want's to be?"

I guess I will have to write "democracy" right now, before I forget how to spell it?

Just my (drunken) £0.02 worth

cheers

right nihil...not only u all are being forced to forget what democracy is and we are forced to accept what the govt or the top authorities want....hey tedob1...can we contact google or anyone concerned in this regard...we know this is unfair and we dont want this to happen....let the world know about this....and like SCO, M$ these f**kers also get a kick in the ass....and BTW SCO publicality admitted that it doesnt have any plans to sue Linux users or companies...seems to be SCO is shattering ....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;