Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video card....

Video card....

I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz and 1 gig of ram with a 256 mb video card (GeForce FX 5600). My video card has a Video out and Video In cord/port to it, well (question number one) (to let you know there is a s video in and a RCA (yellow cord) in 2, and for the out there is a s video out and a RCA video out)well the RCA in is connected to my PS2 now how do i get to veiw the video in on my video card? i looked all around couldnt find anythin, it came with a program called Video Studio 7 SE DVD but when i try to use capture it says there isnt a deivce connected (and yes i have updated all the drivers for my video card)
    question 2, when i use the RCA video out of my video card and it goes to my tv it works and works AWSOME but when i try to watch a movie... it doesnt show up, only a black screen where the video should be (this is on my tv, the video still shows up on my computer screen) how can i fix this????!!?!?

Thanx in advace for your time and effort to help me

any question on what i wrote ask me, trust me i know i dont make since sometimes when i type...lol

Jason

The Iceman Cometh
    well the RCA in is connected to my PS2 now how do i get to veiw the video in on my video card? i looked all around couldnt find anythin, it came with a program called Video Studio 7 SE DVD but when i try to use capture it says there isnt a deivce connected
    Are you sure that's the only program the video card came with? I used to have a ATI-TV Wonder and in order to watch TV on it or play video games on it, I had to use the ATI TV Player. As far as I know, you have to have a TV playing/capturing program in order to do what you want. Also, just to warn you, often video game consoles don't show up too well when played through computer (sometimes it's black and white, other times it's fuzzy, sometimes it's perfect... just depends on the type of card your using).

when i use the RCA video out of my video card and it goes to my tv it works and works AWSOME but when i try to watch a movie... it doesnt show up, only a black screen where the video should be (this is on my tv, the video still shows up on my computer screen) how can i fix this????!!?!?
    As far as I know (I experienced this same problem with InterVideo WinDVD) it's a software issue. Try a different DVD player when trying to watch a movie on your TV screen. As I said, I couldn't get one of my old boxes to work with WinDVD, but it did work with the proprietary Creative DVD Player that came with the DVD-ROM drive.

AJ

well there was only capture drivers that came with the video card and i made sure i installed them but still nuthin the only thing that came with the video card besides drivers was Video Studio 7 SE DVD

well i tired ur idea of switch the player i used to watch the videos, well it worked but now am i stuck watchin my videos with real player cause i can only see the videos on that? is there a way to get windows media player to play the video and work on my tv'?

The Iceman Cometh
    is there a way to get windows media player to play the video and work on my tv'?
    Try going into the Windows Media Player settings and setting it as your default player for DVD movies (the reason RealPlayer is playing the movies is just that... it's the default player for DVDs)

AJ

when i use the RCA video out of my video card and it goes to my tv it works and works AWSOME but when i try to watch a movie... it doesnt show up, only a black screen where the video should be
    for this problem, you might wanna try, right click on the desktop and goto properties\
    then goto settings tab, then advanced, then display

then set the tv display as the default display, then apply,

i hope this helps

Hmmm what brand of card..

if you have a card with "VIVO" they normaly come with the nVidia - WDM drivers for the VIVO capability.. that is video Out and In .. It sounds that this is the type of card that you have.. You are trying to get the video from your ps2 to the INPUT of the VIVO sockets? right?

You will need to check again the drivers you have installed.. Then check the settings for the card.. ie in the device manager or display properties..there must be a area that has been disabled.. reset to default?

If you have a leadtek card check for a program called "Winfast PVR" seem with these bugger you need this for other programms to be able to capture.. nice cards **** drivers and software interface..

but tell us the Brand and model of the card. The chip type tells us ****-all...

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

its a "Asylum GeForce FX 5600" by BFG
    and yes the ps2 is on the video in on the vivo
    and hey "tokeafatty420" it sorta work i got the video to play on my tv but now i cant see it on my computer screen only my tv now....

iv got the nivida 420mx 64 mb. i dont have enough money to get a better one but its got all those features.. it works for me being 17 and trying to buy all my oown computer stuff

Originally posted here by JAsoN74185
    its a "Asylum GeForce FX 5600" by BFG
    and yes the ps2 is on the video in on the vivo
    and hey "tokeafatty420" it sorta work i got the video to play on my tv but now i cant see it on my computer screen only my tv now....
    there sound be a tab in the setup for it that alows dual screens mine worked fine like that
    Cause: I net send LOZER at school

EFFECT: suspension

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by tokeafatty420

for this problem, you might wanna try, right click on the desktop and goto properties\
    then goto settings tab, then advanced, then display

then set the tv display as the default display, then apply,

i hope this helps

Good advice, except that you want to set your TV as the SECONDARY display using the nvidia tab that should have installed itself in your advanced settings when you installed the card. You will probably need to tell the software to detect your displays. PM me if you have any questions.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Good advice, except that you want to set your TV as the SECONDARY display using the nvidia tab that should have installed itself in your advanced settings when you installed the card. You will probably need to tell the software to detect your displays. PM me if you have any questions.

i think there also should be a clone feature that allows you to have both displays at the same time.

it should be under the side folder that pops out in the "nview" feature that should come w/ nvidia.(mine does)