Thread: Iomega CD-RW

Iomega CD-RW

I bought a new Iomega CD-RW today, the predator drive, got a good deal on it
    Anyway, I really don't like the iomega "hotburn" software it came with. It keeps locking
    up whenever I open it with the actual drive plugged in to the USB port.
    It works the majority of the time, but it has some serious plug ang play issues going on.
    Anyone had experience with what i'm talking about? Know of anyways to make it run smoother?
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

The Iceman Cometh
    Check for any firmware updates. Also, check for any driver or hotburn updates from the Iomega site. Finally, check the manufacturer of your computer for any updates. My Dell X200, for instance, had and update available for use with Iomega drives because there was some issue when ejecting disks using the button on the drive.

AJ

I have all the recent updates and patches, I have been reading some product reviews, and apparently this is a common problem with the preadator drive. I may be returning it and getting a plextor. Heard nothing but good things about plextor so far.
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

Old Fart
    breakology: I can burn things with my Lite On that some Plextor drives can't handle. It can read and write anything you feed it, and costs about half of what a Plextor does. Food for thought.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Yea, I have been reading good things about Lite On also. My problem is that I'm just a cheap ass. (3 kids will do that to you) The Iomega external cd-rw I bought was only $40 bones at circut city. I'm still considering taking it back, I just need to see what else I can get thats CHEAP!

I did this

A buddy of mine was having the same problem with his Iomega drive. I installed Nero on his system and it was able to detect and use the drive with no problems. Try using a different type of CDRW software and see if it helps.

Also:

Lito On CDRW drives kick ass. I have a 40x 12x 48x in my system and I love it. If you hunt around online you might be able to find a good deal on one since the newer faster ones are out.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

Old Fart
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...