windoze file size?

Thread: windoze file size?

windoze file size?

Is there a limit to a file size in windoze 98? I've been having MP3's acting wierd lately, some songs that I downloaded that played fine before now wont play right.....
    I have one folder <MUSIC> that is 13.1 gigs currently, and I keep adding to it. I'm using kazaa lite ...( and I don't want to get into the old argument of if it's right to share files or not.... I still buy cd's ) I did all the usual spyware, trogan, virus scans.... and found nothing.
    So I'm just wondering why are my MP3's changing?
    ps...I use Music Match Juke Box 7 as my defult player.
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

Old Man are the files not playing at all or are they skipping or something like that? If they are not playing it could be a problem with long file names which I have encountered before otherwise it could be a corrupted file or the folder itself maybe be corrupted.

Give more info as to what's happening and I might be able to tell you from what I have experienced what's happening.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

mp3's

My MP3'S will play, but sometimes it sounds like 3 or 4 songs have been spliced together, and sometimes the title of the song is not what plays. Sometimes the mp3 will play but it sounds like a cd that is skipping. This is'nt happening with all my songs, just something that happens once in awhile to a song that I know was good and listened to many times, then all of a sudden it goes bad. There are 2,697 mp3's in this one folder, thats why I was wondering if mabey Windows has a problem with such a big folder.
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

Win98 has a maximum individual file size limit of 2GB. I doubt any of your MP3's are 2gb in size

Don't know if Win98 ever had a maximum limit to he amount of files in a folder but it might be causing a problem. have you tried doing a bit filing? i.e. create subdirectories of say genres of music or artists and filed the MP3's accordingly.

also are these mp3's you have d/l from a p2p or are they ones you burned off your own CDs? If the former - you sure they aren't just corrupt files?

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes