Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do they trace me???

How do they trace me???

I upset somebody on a football message board a few months ago and they have turned out to be a 'hacker'. Since the last 8 months ive had no end of trouble.I havent got a trojan or a virus and i keep reformatting my PC to make sure etc..but this person keeps finding my PC and attacking/dismantling my firewall/antivirus.They keep 'pinging' and sending TCPs but how do they identify my PC without there being a trojan??i just cant work it out.I have MCafee and also norton but this person always finds me and gets thru.They dont really do anything else,its just to piss me off!! Its working!!LOL.Can anybody give me advice??cheers.tommy.

Ok well first thing, Stop pissing people off.
    LOL

Second what type of IP do you have Dynamic or Static, It is really easy to find someonee if you want to.

Now my recommendation.

How do you know that he is Pinging you?

Unless you Firewall tells you wouldn't know.

Now if you want to be an ass look on your log for his IP and just call his ISP they will ban him no more problems.

Jizz

Since the last 8 months ive had no end of trouble.
    I assume he's got a static ip if the problems have lasted this long. Especially since he said he's used antivirus and hasnt come up with anything.

I suggest that you make sure your antivirus definitions are up to date and that you use a good trojan scanner like Tauscan from www.agnitum.com

You might want to notify your ISP of the problem as well, maybe there is something they can do for you. Or like Whiz said notify their ISP and have them take care of it. That should teach him.

Banned
    "I havent got a trojan or a virus and i keep reformatting my PC to make sure etc"

Formatting wont exately get rid of a trogen all the time will it????

My guess is same as FrameWork's "a Static IP".

as Wizz sayes dob him in...

Nightfalls_Girl

Yeah the Static thing, is what I was thinking. You know the reformating I believe that if you do a complete re-install you could clear your system of any trojans and Virii.

No what I am curious about is why would someone, do anything so annoying but never do anything to your system. I mean.

If I were *not saying I would* to annoy you I would Mail Bomb or something or at least change your screen saver or your password.

I don't know maybe he is really immature.

Oh well, yeah call him tell him to stop or you will tell his ISP most people stop once you say something like that.

Now consider that you want to really be an ass call hiw ISP. I think that would be a little overBoard though.

Jizz

Now consider that you want to really be an ass call his ISP. I think that would be a little overBoard though.
    I don't know, if some piss+ant was screwing with me for over an 8 month period of time I think a call to their ISP would be just about right.

jewelius seizer-

If you don't know how to get in contact with their ISP just download SamSpade here and do an abuse lookup on the ip in question. That way you can just shoot an email to their abuse department.

Man **** dobbin him in, get he's ISP through your logs and hack the bastard back.........Crash he's system......Make him or Her pay!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be smart don't be a retard, i had the same problem but the person was rearranging my computer, for me.........So what did i do.......Well i learnt how to hack and i crashed he's computer, and i ain't had no trouble since.....So my advice is make this sucker pay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys & Gals,

I am over here in the UK so what I say may not make sense/work for you?

I have just moved from 56.6 to ADSL (asynchronous broadband)...............this has a fixed addy, but I switch the box off at night for fire safety reasons...............when I log back on I find that my ISP has given me a new "fixed" addy.

Now, if your ISPs do the same, I would power the box down and restart. If your man gets back then it sounds like he has a trojan or backdoor?..................That is, he has malware running on your box.

Do a websearch for:

1. AdAware 6.0 from lavasoft
    2. SpyBot Search & Destroy

Install and UPDATE them, then run them.............might show you a thing or two?...............I recommend these tools to everyone anyway.

You must find and install a firewall Zonealarm, Agnitum, Tiny etc. do free ones............even get a 30 day trial or two?

Go to at least two of the major AV sites and run their online scanner.........PANDA and PC-Cillin are two that come to mind.

Get the trial of "Pest Patrol" and run it

Get a "Desert Eagle"..................NO! NO! NO!.............

Good luck, and keep us posted

EDIT: as the guy is getting in, he already knows and has circumvented existing security precautions.............change them?

http://www.arin.net/whois
    Find out who his ISP is; read their terms of service, report him (if he has violated any), make a new hushmail account and report him again, and make a new account and report him again, and then live happily ever after. (Most ISP's have a three strike rule, if you report him three times from completely unconnected accounts, there is a much better chance he will not only lose his connection to the internet, but that he will also be fined and or imprisoned.)

jewelius zeisur..... this person may have your email address & password. With that; they can view the 'headers' and see your IP address.

Just a thought....

And....the revenge hacking thing is NOT the answer. The other party may report YOU for interfering with his computer.....and you get cut off the internet.