Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anonymous and transparent Proxy

anonymous and transparent Proxy

Hey guys

I have a question

ive got this discussion forum where people post messages and all

most the time u got trouble makers loggin in using proxy Servers IP addresses

is it possible to tell the difference if someoen is using a Transparent Proxy server

i know it can be done but i dont know how to find out

to make sense of what im saying

say someoen comes to my site/forum uses a Transparent Proxy Server..is there a way of finding out what there Real IP address is?

i know it can be done with Transparent but i dont know how?

does anyone know?

thanks

welll what is anonymous proxy...it tries hide/spoof your IP.....but transparent proxy server is something else.....basically it is used to share a connection between various computers.....when a user on suched shared net access tries to access the net it is transparent to him.....thats why the name transparent....anyhow being specific to ur question..yes it is possible to determne the IP if the transparent proxy in its header allows a variable which to my correct knowledge ( correct me if i am not) X-FORWARD being sent to the site.....

a demo here...http://www.all-nettools.com/pr.htm
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Originally posted here by NullDevice
    welll what is anonymous proxy...it tries hide/spoof your IP.....but transparent proxy server is something else.....basically it is used to share a connection between various computers.....when a user on suched shared net access tries to access the net it is transparent to him.....thats why the name transparent....anyhow being specific to ur question..yes it is possible to determne the IP if the transparent proxy in its header allows a variable which to my correct knowledge ( correct me if i am not) X-FORWARD being sent to the site.....

a demo here...http://www.all-nettools.com/pr.htm
    Hi Null Device

thanks for your response i liked that site aswell its cool

one last thing though how wud i determine this on my website. wud i need to install some programme or something or cud i find it in the logs?

For example say u came to my webiste and posted on my forum..

say for example ur orginal ip was : 172.0.0.0 AOL.com or whatever

and u set up a browser proxy which was transparent..and say it was 12.13.14.15

if i went to check ur IP address on the Forum or post it wud come out as the proxy Address..

so my Question is How wud u be able to find out the Original IP address from the Proxy Server?

will it be in the site logs or anything? or will i have to install a programme?

does this make sense?

thanks
    s

really mate i cant help in this regard sorry..anyhow google can surely help you.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

you have to request the following variable:
    "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"

Stanger, can you provide a document to read about this?

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Originally posted here by stanger
    you have to request the following variable:
    "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"
    This is correct. I'm not sure if you can set up your web server to log this for you, but you can certainly log it yourself in your own code. Also note that some transparent proxies use the "HTTP_CLIENT_IP" header.

Finally, you'll be able to log this and act on it, but that will probably just cause these troublemakers to use opaque proxies.

i have found a good example how you can release this using php.
    may be you have phpmyadmin installed ...check in folder /libraries/
    the file "ip_allow_deny.lib.php" for "function PMA_getIp()".
    i hope this can help you designing a hack for your original
    ip-logging function .

(sry for doubleposting)

me again. if your forum is vBulletin i have the hack for you.
    phpBB and ubb should have this build in.

greetz,stanger
    Industry Kills Music.

Originally posted here by stanger
    (sry for doubleposting)

me again. if your forum is vBulletin i have the hack for you.
    phpBB and ubb should have this build in.

greetz,stanger
    Hi Stanger

ohh thanks for the reply id be interested to see the hack!i dont mind having a look at it or using it i do using vbulletin for the Bulletin board

thanks
    regards
    s