Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help bonzi bastards

www.tweakxp.com I thin has a method of killing the paperclip
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I have no definitive answer to the Legallity of Gator, Bonzi Buddy and my newest infection Weather Bug. In all cases I have seen some kind of popup prompting the user to "click" here. I think they cover themselves by hiding in popup adds. I even saw a pop up today that looked just like a windows box and said "Spyware has been detected on your system, click here to download a fix" Guess who the fix was? GAIN. lol.

In addition when you turn "off" the action of internet explorer prompting a user before running activex applets etc.... in essence I think you are saying you "trust" the content of a site you visit so your legal stance that the software was improperly installed is no longer valid since you trust all site content when you do that.

It's not illegal, in fact if it was we would be in trouble because then plug-ins would be illegal. Software like Adobe and Flash. Asuming you get them at the time a webpage needs the plugin to be viewed and not by going to the site and downloading the installer packages.

What is cool about these psudo virus infections is several companies are continually trying to sue them on the advertising side. Stating that GAIN is displaying their copywrighted IP without permission when they send a popup add to a specific client based on browsing habits. And of course Gator counter sues and it's a hunge mess of a visious circle.

I did some reading at www.gigalaw.com
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Office Assistant is trivial....
    just disable it

Spybot Search and Destroy should get rid of Bonsai Buddy for you. (And its free) http://security.kolla.de/
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

What the hell?

OK, I never installed Bonzi buddy. So I wondered why I still had a connection. I pinged bonzi.com, i got 127.0.0.1 Now i am scared. What the hell? how can I get a network loopback IP from Bonzi? I don't know what to think. this is screwed up. HELP ME!!!!
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

Folks should have left the "grape ape" and "Izod" were they belonged, on the TV and the cloths rack. Or could it be we're all "monkey luvers"!!!!?!?!?!?!?
    Strike Like Lightening...Envelop Like Darkeness...
    As Strong As Thunder...As Swift As The Wind...
    As Calm As the Water...~Sun Tzu~

dude dont worry, bonzi.com doesnt even accept pings...i just tried and i got nothing. By the way, their IP address for their web server is 63.68.55.189...just thought you might like to know Also, about that stupid paperclip, thats just one more of Bill Gates lame toys. Check out this cool story

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/98...clipdeath.idg/

EDIT: that link actually should go in the Tech Humor...lol the best part about it is that its true DIE YOU PAPERCLIP!!
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Banned
    Originally posted here by DarkLord918
    I'll tell you what I want to get rid of... OFFICE ASSISTANT! that bastard little paperclip that keeps asking me if i want to write a letter. He's going to assist me in his suicide note if he don't leave me the hell alone.
    OH come now, It cant be all that bad.... :P

Bonza buddy SUX!! I hate him, If i wont a purple monky on my monatour ill paint one there.... Cant stand him, ppl at school are contantly puting him on the pc's.... GGGRRRRRRR

Nightfalls_Girl

tztztz...and what about these?

Cydoor Technologies IP007022-209-10-17 (NET-209-10-17-128-1)
    209.10.17.128 - 209.10.17.255
    Industry Kills Music.