Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD Ripping

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

DVD Ripping

This has probably been answered and I am being admittedly lazy in not searching for previous threads first- but does anyone have a recommendation for ripping copy-protected DVD's?

Before flaming or negging me for "illegal" activity- I am actually trying to make backup copies of my own DVD's which I already own- a perfectly legal activity and legal right which I feel the movie industry has infringed upon by making me have to jump through hoops to do it.

So- is there a favorite software application or method out there that people use when making legal backup copies of their own copy protected DVD's??

Not to sure about different copy protects on DVDs but DivX always works well for me for ripping,its an uber-avi format. As for straight 1-to-1 copies on protected stuff try Alcohol 120%, that **** can copy anything. As for the legal issue, I didn't **** my pants when people started using VCR's to tape stuff off HBO and I don't really feel worked up about it now either, I guess I'm just ammoral.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

This site has been a proven help for me time and again, it has instructions on how to rip copy and convert all video formats.. I hope it is what you were looking for

www.dvdrhelp.com
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

That which is eternal cannot die.

I am just learning the DVD universe. I bought a writer last week. The definitive source I have used to date is CD Media World There is a lot of info to absorb. Haven't found the all inclusive solution yet....

The software library is extensive and the copy protection identification software is handy to understand what you could be up against.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

DVD X Copy.

I have been using it for a few months now; have made 100+ straight 1:1 dvd copies with very few problems.

DVD X-Copy (any version, Xpress, Gold, Plus, etc.), are excellent programs. http://www.dvdxcopy.com/products.asp. You should be able to get a Trial version on the web. Have Phun.
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

look for a program bundle called "gordian knot" it is a bundle of programs that automates the usually grueling process of ripping protected dvds
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Site

Try this place out:

www.vcdhelp.com
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

If you have to use windows, then I'd recommend dvdx as an all in one dvd ripping solution. For linux, I'd use transcode. Both programs leave you with a high quality film.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com