Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rioter

The Recidivist

Exclamation Rioter

This thread is in protest to Rioter's recent banning. While I am aware of the reason why and some of what happen behind scenes, I think banning a member (who has been a member since 2001) that was contributed quite a lot to this site for something that is a very small thing in my opinion.

Not to downplay any dis-respect at MsM that rioter might have said but still, he was a valuable member.

For those in doubt.....

Case Study

Try looking through those and see what you find. While being an ass he has also helped out many, many, many people here on AO as well as in IRC. There are several other Seniors and Addicts on here that have contributed nothing to this forum inluding myself. While I think some punishment should be addressed to him I don't belive that banning his account perm was a good solution. With so many trolls and skiddies on here lately and very few of the Seniors still currently posting I would think that we should allow an active and helpful member back.

I am double posting this in both GCC and Addicts. Please only reply to GCC one. I am doing this to make sure all can see this thread.

Please give your opinion on this.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Your case study link is missing....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Yeah and i wonder why your posting this for? Because you and Ri0tEr are buddy's, so you think it's unfair your Buddy got banned..
    Face it, he broke the rules he got banned..

there's my 2 cents, if you don't like it then go ahead and neg me.

front2back:.

The Recidivist
    If i remember right and I read right then .:front2back:. your were banned once as well?

If you wanna start going by the rules then you shoudln't be here anymore as well.

New account and good behavior or not.

As for Rioter being friends, yes we talk on AO and he has helped me with several probs, anyone from UnE and the NewEraIrc network can tell you I have called him an ass and several other names many of an time and have made it clear that I though he was a dick. I also made it clear I was happy when he was orginally banned on IRC.

After thinking and watching people become addicts with 225 of their 250 post required being in the non-sensical thread and watching contributing members be banned I got kind of pissed.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

If Ri0tEr wants to come back, I don't think anyone is going to stop him. He just needs to create a new account and play within the AUP (like we all have to) .

Cheers:
    DjM

Yeah and i wonder why your posting this for? Because you and Ri0tEr are buddy's, so you think it's unfair your Buddy got banned..
    Of course it's that way, i talk to Raion, hjack, Spyder32, and other member via AIM and they know the real story behind my banning, and of course they would like to see my old account back, but wait Wasn't Rioter banned again for madjag account, how do we know he'll be good if they give him Rioter back ?

If i remember right and I read right then .:front2back:. your were banned once as well?

If you wanna start going by the rules then you shoudln't be here anymore as well.
    **** i know i was banned before.. And that was my old account (creative_32X_mx). And since i've been in this account i've obeyed the rules, so if you got a problem with me and my opinion, like a said neg me..

The Recidivist
    <hjack> rioter
    <hjack> u were madjag?
    <rioter> no?
    <rioter> ive only ever had one account
    <rioter> and when i lost it, i never signed up with a new one

I belive that account was Jaguar291's?

Might I be wrong?
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

New account and good behavior or not.
    Fine if you think i shouldn't be here no more then fine, i'll leave..

Besides, truth is we're NOT lacking contributing members. I keep hearing people complain about how few truly knowledgable, contributing members we have, but I just don't see it. Case in point, everyone who's posted here from hjack down has proven to be very contributing. Jarrod, Tiger, Nihil, Horse, Spyd, etc., are all very sharp folks, so I don't see how we have a shortage. As one of the not-so-knowledgable members, I've benefited greatly from this. I think it's the overabundance of idiot members that's making it appear as if we have fewer actual contributing members.