Thread: Career advice

Career advice

Hello folks,
    I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on one or two things.

To keep it short and simple, ..I was offerred a position as an "Operations Analyst" for a company and I unfortunately didn't ask enough/the right amount of questions at my interview, and now I'm stuck in making a descision (I was made an offer) because my current employer countered at a very large increase, but the position I'm in now is more (at this moment) a .NET programmer/LAN Support.

So, my question is...what exactly does an operations analyst do ? What I took from the interview was that I would be doing tape backups, job/process monitoring, and hardware monitoring. Those were the big three. Have any of you had similar jobs and what else did they entail ?

Hopefully someone out there can relate and steer me in the right direction.
    ::EDIT:: This is a network operations analyst position, since I realized there were about 100 things that title could mean. Thanks.

Thanks,
    Murph

From the name of it I would guess it would mean someone who watches over the network..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AO French Antique News Whore
    This is 2 job that are far away... Network Monitor and Programming are two different world.
    -Simon \"SDK\"