Thread: Land of the Rising Sun

Land of the Rising Sun

I am going to Japan soon and was wondering if there is any software/hardware that I can pick up there that maybe difficult to get here. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN PIRATED GOODS! So please don't suggest them. For example when I get back I want to build my own box. Can I get some good hardware there or am I better off to buy here. Of course security will be a concern for a home network.

Thanks
    Mike

Well I know that when a friend of mine went over that way a while back he could buy DVD's for 5 dollars. WIndows XP for 45 dollars.

But I don't know what you can buy over there really. Maybe you can find some good motherboards/ HD's/ CD-RW's DVD-RW's.

All in all though It would probably be the same buying from here. The only difference being your supporting the American Econom when you buy from here.
    =

I absolutely believe in buying American goods, but I had to ask as there maybe something there that is perfectly legal here but just not available as an American product.

Mike

Banned
    Cheyenne1212 > It's not a good idea to buy Japanese DVD's, unless you have a region code-free player.
    There are 6 region codes:
    Region 1: US and Canada
    Region 2: Europe, Japan, Middle East, South Africa
    Here's a list of countries for the rest of the regions.

Since most Japanese DVD's are region 2, and most American DVD-players are set to only play region 1 DVD's, you might find yourself with an unplayable DVD... unless you apply one of the numerous hacks to make your player region-free, of course.