Is it just me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

Hey all,

Is it just me or has this site gotten really BORING?

Granted... I have not been here for a while. I now have more time to come here and chew the fat with all of my friends, but...

Could it be that because the GCC and Cosmos forums are no longer listed on the front page?

Has anyone suggested to the powers that be to give the user the option to choose what forums they would like to see on the front page? I know I have, and never got an answer. Is it even possible to design this site to do this? Does anyone know? I know that if I scan the front page for topics to add to, or just read, and don't see anything of interest, I go somewhere else. A lot of the time I do click on the finely printed link at the bottom of the front page. But, most of the time it is a very short list with nothing interesting there either. I have to specifically choose the forums I want to look at in order to see a complete list of topics in that forum. This boils down to a lot of trouble and too many keystrokes for us super lazy types who might have a lot to add to this site. Unfortunately most of us have left for good.

Let us (me) know what you all think. And yes, I think this has probably been discussed before... just humor me please.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Flash M0nkey
    I thought so as well hence why I started this -> http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=248099

valhallen,

I have been reading that thread... funny stuff there

This thread is a direct result of yours... kudos

Token drunken Irish guy
    I dont think its boring, just not as exciting as it used to be. I know another board that was very popular a while back, say during summer 2001 and like AO it was buzzing. Over the last two months it has seen all major members leave, including mods and a complete deterioration!

I think AO is doing well to be honest!

Just not as cozy maybe.

I think AO started to take itself too serioulsy for awhile. It seems to be lightening up though. I hope the trend continues. All I hear sometimes from seniors is how great the site used to be and I would love to see it like that again. Is it even possible?
    -NeuTron

Honestly, it seemed to me when I joined the site (not that I've been here that long, but it was better when I got here) there was a lot more playing around, but your questions got answered better too. I think that threads like the one Val started are a good way to get to know other people on the site, which leads to a stronger community, which leads to less "I don't know that guy and can't be bothered to answer his question" or "He acts like an ass to me all the time, so I'm gonna just let him wonder what the hell is wrong and not offer him any help". The militant "This is a security site" people are the ones killing the site IMO.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Token drunken Irish guy
    I love that 'The Militant', that will be their new name!

Next time you see a militant inform your local IRC buddies so you can turn their thread into a beerfest!

Banned
    It seems boring now.. compared to like 3mons ago wen i joyned it...

Nightfalls_Girl

Flash M0nkey
    The site is still a good source of information but I think as most people have stated the sence of community has gone - I remember the times (oh no here he goes again - ed) when you would see comments in posts linked to IRC conversations and the like - which really would have very little to do with the threqad topic but people didn't care as it was fun.....I think we all need to stop taking ourselves and the site too seriously - I'm not a big security freak I came to Ao and stayed at AO cause I had an intrest in computers and this place provided a fun atmosphere where I could chat with like minded people and know that should I have a problem they would be there to help.

Ennis :: you remember the days before ap's or when they were first introduced and having like 3 green dots was a big thing - lol

I think we all need to stop taking ourselves and the site too seriously - I'm not a big security freak I came to Ao and stayed at AO cause I had an intrest in computers and this place provided a fun atmosphere where I could chat with like minded people and know that should I have a problem they would be there to help.
    I really think valhallen hit the nail on the head with this comment... maybe we should all add some kind of picket sign to our sigs... like: Down with Militant Security Freaks or something