Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD FAN sucking

AMD FAN sucking

Is part of the reason that no one likes amd processor fans because they are IMPOSSIBLE to clip on?! I can not cip on my amd chip fan, the clip isnt getting anywhere near the mobo clips. Whats goin on?
    No place like 127.0.0.1

Are you sure you got the right fan?

As there's different types of sockets for AMD processors, there are also different types of fans to fit those different sockets.

What kind of a socket are you trying to clip the fan onto, and what is the fan name?
    =

the heatsink and fan came with the processor. its a s462. it should all be compatable but the heatsink wont clip onto the mobo.
    No place like 127.0.0.1

Can you send us a digital picture
    Spread Firefox.

nope sorry. lol. looks like my friend is just bending the **** out of the metal heatsink clip
    No place like 127.0.0.1

Stop him, Shoot him.

Knock him to the ground.

Don't let him bend it. lol
    =

hes not goin ape **** or anything hes doin it slowly until he can get it to clip. Its makin me nervous to but its his computer. LOL he can do whatever he wants with it. expect break it.
    No place like 127.0.0.1

Make sure he doesn't put to much pressure on the CPU or it will crack.
    =

Old Fart
    If the fan came with the processor then odds are that it is designed to fit. Fans for Socket A can be a b**ch to get on, but I have yet to see one that has to be bent to make it fit. Tell your friend to back off, slow down, and take a second look at things...if he isn't careful, he'll "chip" his chip....not a good thing at all.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Is the motherboard pretty new? I would think most of them would accomodate fan clips...
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.