Thread: Hitachi - Visiondesk problem

Hitachi - Visiondesk problem

I recently recieved a Hitachi Visiondesk 1520 from my mom's work because they were just going to throw it out. This PC is very unique, it has an LCD screen with the mobo mounted on the back of it with a case on it, so its ideal as a space saver. I would like to install XP on it but it crashes every time the CD boots. It is a celeron 466 with 128 pc 100. I then tried to put a celeron 700 in it and it wouldn't boot and the same thing happened when I tried to put in an extra stick of 128. Has anyone had any experience with this PC before or any knowledge on it?

never heard of the model myself, however just a few things to bear in mind...

the failure of the PC to boot up after you had tried putting in either new RAM or a new chip isn't entirely surprising - sometimes these components need to be seated just right otherwise you won't get any joy. If you haven't already you should also do some research and make sure the motherboard can support the new chipset and RAM... maybe it only supports up to something like a 600Mhz celeron and PC66 RAM

I'm also not surprised that XP crashes a lot on a celeron 466 with 128 MB RAM, the official minimum specs are something like 500Mhz and 128 MB RAM... although I have heard rumour that it will run REALLY slow on a pentium 266Mhz with 64 MB RAM - how reliable it'd be is entirely another question though!

I'd go back to trying to upgrade the cip and sticking in the RAM - but do them one at a time rather than both together. What I mean is get the one upgrade wortking first before moving on to the next one - it's probably easier to slot the RAM in first and make sure thats working first

let us know how you get on

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

a search on google resulted in this: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...isiondesk+1520
    \"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.\" (Sign hanging in Einstein\'s office at Princeton)

yes it does L1nk but none of the links actually tell you much about the details of the system. I had already checked this line of enquiry before replying which is why I gave some of the suggestions above.

nice try, but I feel a little more work other than a link to google is going to be needed in this situation.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

you say it crashes....something like IRQS_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ?

if not, what EXACTLY happens when it crashes?
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.