Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Upside Down.

Windows Upside Down.

The 411. A secretary here just dropped some paper on a screen here and now the screen is upside down.

Wierd. Its not a virus or anything its a key combination. How did she do this and how do I get it back ?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Do you have a screen shot?? I'm assuming that it's not simply the taskbar being moved but characters being upside down?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Ctrl-Alt-down" inverts the display, and "Ctrl-Alt-up" puts it back to normal

Thanks bong pilot. Its o.k bittens he got it.

8 years in IT support and I didn't know that combination.

I'm going back to college.

No problem....glad i could help.

Well I thought it had something to do with the later nVidia display drivers..
    Screen rotation.. Had a customer ring up tonight in a panic.. oh whell his chiropractor will be making a bit of extra cash..lol

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

which windows mark...on XP pro it doesnt worx
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Does not seem to work on Win98SE either, never knew about a key combination to do this, always assumed the only way was useing GDI32.DLL services

Yup, I'd be curious to know the OS this happened on. I've tried it on 98SE and W2K SP4 but it doesn't work on either of those....
    - Maverick

That CTRL ALT Up and down did not work for me eithier on a Win2k SP4 Box.

If someone came to me with that problem, I would of thought they were messing with me and told them to turn the monitor on its top. What is the point of being able to turn your display upside down? What would you use that for? Why would it be included with Windows?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)