Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to (139)

How to (139)

How to get file from other host without sharing enabled (win 98)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Sneaker net! Via Floppy disk, CD or other removable media.

FTP from one machine to the other. (http://www.goodtechsys.com/products.asp <-- ftp and telnet servers for Win98)

Peer-to-Peer sharing. A-la *UGH* Kazaa or some such.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Erm... Well, this is what i suggest... Im suggesting it if you promise that it isnt for illegal purposes, and that you have permission to do this...

Anyways, my suggestion is to use a RAT (Remote Administration Tool) - AKA trojan - BUT, if you are using it LEGALLY, then any one will do... Just tell the AV to ignore the files... i could tell how to do it in norton, thats it tho :-/

If it is for illegal purposes, all i can say is that a RAT would work, but i take no responsibility, and you will be frowned upon...

You can do a simple file transfer with Netmeeting if you have Windows OS.
    Im not sure if that what you want to do..

why not have the file emailed to you? Trojan man da-da-da-da-da.

Re: How to (139)

Originally posted here by softgra
    How to get file from other host without sharing enabled (win 98)

Oh, you should have phrased that question like this:

"How can I steal the information on someone else's computer for my own personal gain or profit"

I mean, lets face it....if the other host does not have sharing enabled, then the owner of that box most likely does not want to share.
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

VNC. I use it and it's great. http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ forget the trojan crap.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yes, VNC is awesome but it does not have a file transfer capability, which I think is what he wants.

If it were me, I'd use secure copy (scp) via SSH. If you have Windoze, then PCAnywhere, good ol' FTP, LapLink or Timbukto will do.

I wouldn't mess with a trojan such as BO, Sub7 or the others. You could expose your machine or someone else's. Most AV products will clean it the second you put it on so you'd have to add an exception (which you could forget to remove and end up leaving yourself and/or the other host vulnerable). There are a number of other reasons but I think the point has been made.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Yeah, BO has been trying to bill themselves as a remote administration tool such as PCAnywhere, but that was a lame ploy especially with all the nasty plug-in's it had. And yeah, VNC does not have file transfer capability.

[edit] Frack... a simple Google search yielded http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/ which has file transfer capability. I do not know how secure it is, but it does the job if you are not doing anything very critical. I will try this and will be very handy for school....[/edit]

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yeah, I heard about UltraVNC but the last I heard it was still an RC build (which is why I didn't suggest it). Did they make Release 1.0.0 available? Guess it's time to visit the site again!

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden