Thread: Tech jobs in VT

Tech jobs in VT

Hey everybody....I was just wondering if any of you out there lived in Vermont, or knows of good companies in VT to work for computer related jobs. I have a pretty good range of experience with computers ranging from graphic oriented stuff to recently networking for my Information Sciences and Technology minor. I'm just curious as to if any of you know of what types of positions are popular up there....I'm a junior in college right now and I'm just exploring options for places that I can find a nice tech job somewhere. Thanks for any help.
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

Mani, I'd definitly keep tab's on job sites, especially regional job site's that focus on the VT area. Also, I'd look for IT user and new's groups that are based out of your area, that focus on the IT industry. It's a great way to keep in touch with the "pulse" of the local IT community.
    Strike Like Lightening...Envelop Like Darkeness...
    As Strong As Thunder...As Swift As The Wind...
    As Calm As the Water...~Sun Tzu~

I don't live in vermont.. but i used to travel up to burlington to service equiptment at ibm.
    let me tell ya.. times are tough all over.. but especially so up in vermont.. what, I read in the paper that ibm laid off a bunch of folks just a few weeks ago.. and let's face it.. ibm is one of the biggest tech area employer for that region..

sorry..

but working in new york city.. you can get an IT job that pays pretty good.
    (but i ain't going to work down there .. 100 miles from home)

Thanks for the info...I had a chance to go up there on a trip and I really like the area, so hopefully I may get some opportunity to work there if I'm lucky. Thanks again though.
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I live and work in Vermont. IT jobs are dry. Most of us hide in the government or education.

A couple of employers to look at Dartmouth College and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Hanover & Lebanon NH (right across the river from VT).

IBM in Burlington has been letting people go. There is no real industrial base here.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot