what can a gateway monitor see if i use this proxy...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what can a gateway monitor see if i use this proxy...

what can a gateway monitor see if i use this proxy...

can any of you test this proxy... i don't have the set-up ... i'm stuck w/ and old w98 box... how much can your gateway see if one of the desktops browses through this...

http://www.triumphpc.com/cgi-bin/nph-proxy.cgi

can you make out the URL or IP
    i\'m the guy who bitched out a girl about writting poems in General Chat... Now everyone thinks I hate women and that I\'m gay ... live and learn ... hehe

Sure I could make out the IP for that site but I think that what your worried about, is people seeing your IP, and not theirs.

Whenever you access a site using that URl, the web site thinks that your that web site. Therefore, your real IP is not known.

If you wanna make sure noone can see your real IP when browsing the web while using that site, go to www.ipchicken.com or www.whatismyip.com
    =

no... that's not really what i care about ... i don't care if the site i'm going to sees my real IP (even thought it probably doesn't)

here's the theoretical set up

|Desktop|-----|Internet gateway|~~~~~~~|TriumpPC proxy|-------|AntiOnline|

what I care about if the "Internet Gateway" sees that I'm browsing AO, not TriumpPC
    i\'m the guy who bitched out a girl about writting poems in General Chat... Now everyone thinks I hate women and that I\'m gay ... live and learn ... hehe

I agree with cheyenne.

You use their site to browse other sites to hide your true identity or places you visit.

|Desktop|-----|Internet gateway|~~~~~~~|TriumpPC proxy|-------|AntiOnline|

what I care about if the "Internet Gateway" sees that I'm browsing AO, not TriumpPC
    In your example, the internetgateway will see that you are visitng triumpPC, NOT antionline.

Now... if you internet gateway was monitoring your traffic... (sniffing you) then they would see that you are connecting to antionline. If you are doing this to bypass filters... then it would work if they don't block triumphpc.com but they can still find out if they want to.

ok ... now you got it... my original intention was if any of you guys could run it trhough your set up and sniff the requests back and forth from triumphPC proxy and see if you can make out the IP of the site you are visiting through the triumphPC proxy.... is it in plain sight or is it at least obfuscated in any way

is it in plain sight or is it at least obfuscated in any way
    Well, they can see what you requested from the proxy. If they were to sniff the web page request, and filter out the stream... they could reconstruct the whole page you requested.

that's what i figured...

het phishphreak ... you changed your avatar... what'up?!

I just changed it cause I saw it on a page and liked it...

What can be more true than SCO shooting themselves in the foot?
    They're going to catch a huge backlash from the sh17 they're pulling... and have lost all support from the pro open source community.

SCO .... yeah... for some reason it reminds me of "teekid" adding his BS into lovsan source and re-releasing it... it's the same absurdity and lack ANY coherent idea

SCO wants $ ... but won't get any
    teekid wanted respect.... but won't get any

but anyway... what do you think is the solution to the problem above...

do i have to set up a SSL tunnel proxy outside the network manually or are there any open source solutions you have experience w/

do i have to set up a SSL tunnel proxy outside the network manually or are there any open source solutions you have experience w/
    I use the tunnel idea at work. I tunnel out over ssh (port 22) to my box at home and connect via VNC. Everything I do is encrypted... and I bypass all filters. I use my home pc at work... you have complete control. Well... as long as you don't crash it and don't need access to the keyboard or powerbutton.