Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This one makes me laugh.......

Originally posted here by Deathkne11

They shouuld maybe come up with some kind of system where by instead of buying a physical 'thing' (such as CD or [shudder] cassette), you buy a 'key' that allows you to download the content to your system for immediate burning to CD. You could be permitted to 'update' your disk in say, two years, if it develops scratches or the dog chews it up, or something like that.
    [/B]
    That is a good idea for awhile, untill people figure out the generating process and distribute their own coders to allow access to music.
    Release a bomb filled with Ritalin and Pharmacy death. Keep the rich above in the hills where the impact will not reach them. Then go for the ironic statement and call it a cure for pollution.

I think the code name for this undergroud file exchange should be "operation we arent sharing files" because then no one would ever think to look there. lol
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

In many ways I agree with deathknee, as I too download songs which I then burn but I do not distribute unless they're songs such as techno and trance. I dont even download that many songs anyways. What RIAA is doing is messed up. Can someone distribute copies of that form on kazzaaa please so i can get one . lol
    \"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.\" (Sign hanging in Einstein\'s office at Princeton)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have to be straight and admit that I am way too old for this kind of stuff..........that is, downloading music.........my wife and I buy a few CDs a year and that is about the end of it.

However, there was a Gentleman who posted earlier, who had it about right IMHO when he said that you can copy software for security purposes, but not music............maybe the LAW should protect consumers?.....if your CD does not play..............they have to replace it AND REFUND POSTAGE?..................then they might even be looking up at the moral high ground................but somehow i doubt it

Theft is theft; but not all of those who steal are called thieves?

cheers

I think we had a long line of threads on this not to long age. I have not down loaded a song for well over a year waiting to see what happens in the up coming law suit. And i went and deleted all my songs that I downloaded. I only play the ones I have bought on cd. Well, we will have to wait and see what happens. I feel it's ok for one's own use, but not for sale. But that's my thoughts.

Freddy
    cybnut

LOL who was it that was asking about real time chat on this page? here it is, since I posted last about 3 mins ago two more people have posted. thats damn near real time. I download music alot but most of the time I already have the cd so I just dl instead of ripping it. just easier then I can make mix cdsand stuff or make long ply lists for the 5-10 hour sittings I sometimes do at my computer either for games, work, homework, or any other reason. I think they are just being greedy *****s and they all need to go die, I mean come on "I want 57million dollars not 56million" damn those people holding back my extra mil. lol greedy bastards, and alot have the guts to say I do it for the love of the music.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Silentstalker, I mean Joe, you are right, I shouldn't give out my name. So My real name is Kitty Smith or maybe John Blue or maybe...... I know you are kidding. Fred Brown is not my real name. (lol)But with all the Feds hanging around the net these day, I don't even use my real e-mail address. It's a sad day when you can't trust anybody. An underground irc sounds great, but how would you go about setting it up? There will aways be a weak link some place.

Kitty Smith
    cybnut

We've been laughing about this CD Tax (in Canaduh) imposed on blank CD's. Who does the government give the money to ?

After all........is there a huge piracy of Celine Deon, or Gordon Lightfoot ? Ewwww.....Anne Murray !!!! Even better.....Ashley McIvor.

But seriously folks.......how do you pay back the artists whose music is downloaded ?

All that happened is the RIAA messed up. when napster was in its infacy they should NOT have sued the creator, thus generateing p2p publicity and makeing it an very very very big problem. The RIAA should have bought all the rights to napster and built a busness model off it... they dont sell much in the way of cds becuse the simple fact a lot of times you buy the CD which is 12.99usd+ for one good song. Now if the RIAA was smart they could have set something up like apple's music site where its like 99 cents a song and the people could get what they wanted. But they messed up... and if they dont stop PDQ they will cause a quite irrvrseable(sp?) mess-up and pretty much put them selfs, the lables, and the artist they represent under. Pretty much when this goes critical on them the fans will be alienated and go well f*** this, you wanna sue us all ill give you reason.
    -----
    I would like do die like my gradmpa, in my sleep,
    not kicking and screaming like his passengers

Im still downloading music.....If I only like 1 song Im not paying $20 for a CD when I can download the song I like for free.....They need to quit crying...We will always be able to find a way....
    Learning more about myself and my capabilities everyday. Im getting faster and stronger and Im learning more about my opponents. Hope you\'re ready for the showdown. [blur]L0ST BOY[/blur]