Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the best

Another comprehensive source for A/V tools is on the VirusBulletin site <http://www.virusbtn.com/index.xml> where you can find a good comparison between the various vendor products. They are fairly even-handed about their test environments and give good reviews and summaries. Might be worth a look.
    Where\'s the ka-booom?
    There was supposed to be an earth-shattering ka-booom!

Thanx 4 all the advice so far its been very helpful

not a problem

not sure of it but ive heared AVG one of a good anti-virus but am using symantec the one from norton i only hate it when am updating my anti-virus it gives me a lot of trouble sometimes downloading the update...

well my favorite remain Norton......for a personal PC i recommend the whole suit of Norton SystemWorks + Norton Internet Security......

Norton AV is proving damm gud for me...and i haent ever had to complain about Norton....Also updates work fine for me....

Hey und3rtak3r...which ones is ur Fav.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Yep norton is my fav too. I don't have any problem with the updates either. Sgear17, you should go to the norton help pages and get the fix for that problem and like nightgirl says if that doesn't work get the hammer.

Freddy
    cybnut

I am an AVG fan myself. It has a smaller footprint on the hd and ram - updates are easily scheduled or handled manually and you gotta love the price-tag.

Sgear, you can also d/l the signatures via FTP by going to ftp.symantec.com then navigate through the public/english_us_canada/antivirus_definitions/norton_antivirus and download the current *-x86.exe file and all should be well. As for why your system is not updating - who knows? How old is the software? Did your license possibly expire? If you are trying to run LiveUpdate are you behind a proxy? Is your firewall blocking you? Is the config correct and pointing to the Symantec LiveUpdate site?

You can also check the knowledge base (under support) for the problems you are having and may find a workable solution fairly soon.
    Where\'s the ka-booom?
    There was supposed to be an earth-shattering ka-booom!

the avg works very well. i like it
    Cause: I net send LOZER at school

EFFECT: suspension