Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed; BIOS

Disconnect harddrive, boot from floppy and fdisk the harddrive...
    w/o an OS/harddrive, BIOS has to at some point resort to booting from floppy..

If I disconnect the hard drive, it takes 5 minutes to boot up; says IDE controller not found, goes through POST, says operating system not found. If I have a floppy disk in there, it ignores it and never accesses the disk. The drive does have power, and the little light goes on, but the system never attempts to boot from the floppy.

if you have a shotgun you could try shooting it. i would. can you buy a new bios and on to it?

If what you say is occuring, then either your floppy controller is screwed up or your boot disk is not valid ,,just for shits and giggles,create anothe boot disk if you have resources,,

P.S.
    If that doesnt work,,I strongly recommend nate_k9's recommendation

BIOS is not removable, at least easily, not a snapped in chip, saudered on to the main board.

Disk is fine, works perfectly in computer right next to this one. Disk drive is fine, works perfectly in computer right next to this one. Floppy controller is fine, saw this motherboard work yesterday at a different location.

hmmmmm. maybe its not your bios. how old is this computer exactly? if your tech savvy you could sauder that one off and install a new one. but i doubt it would be worth the trouble. 12 gauge......12 gauge.....12 gauge........

Banned
    Originally posted here by gunit0072003
    If what you say is occuring, then either your floppy controller is screwed up or your boot disk is not valid ,,just for shits and giggles,create anothe boot disk if you have resources,,

P.S.
    If that doesnt work,,I strongly recommend nate_k9's recommendation
    Cant you d00ds get it right its a HAMMER not a gun!!!
    hammer is expressing anger managment skills gun expresses weekness and lazyness...

shuks

Nightfalls_Girl

Ha, no, I will pass, 30+ pins tightly together; 12 gauge to sauder what? A car door back on?

I have a 20 gauge double barrel shotgun you can borrow if you want it.
    =

lol, hey i resent that! i like my guns thank you. but i guess a hammer would do the job if you had to resort to more barberic means. lol. hmmmm im totally lost on this one. maybe you should........ yea that would work. hammer sounds good.