Auto-Update
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Update

Auto-Update

Hey guys, anyone know what ports are used for auto-update for windows XP and Windows Messenger??? I wanna see if i can trick another computer on my lan into downloading a diff exe... Prolly use notepad or calculator.

I never found a sploit before, and i wanna get my name out there :-/

Actually, ANY information on the auto update feature for XP and Messenger are appreciated... Like, if you know what the extension of the files it downloads are, etc...

Let me get this right you want to say you found an exploit but you aren't finding it you are coming to a security forum to get the info. If you want your name to be out there then learn to do it yourself and say I found this and let the software manufacturer know how it is done and how to fix it. Other than that you aren't helping anyone. Your name won't be up in lights either.

errm.... i never said that... your putting words in my mouth... I just wanted to know if anyone HAS INFORMATION on the auto update that might be uselfull... READ my post THOROUGHLY!!! I really dont care about the fame/whatever, i am just interesteds to seeee if it can be done. BUT, i dont know what port the autoupdate feature works on, and all im asking for is for someone to have the decency to share information they already have, or dig up some and share it....

Re: Auto-Update

Originally posted here by Otis
    I never found a sploit before, and i wanna get my name out there :-/
    They are exploits not sploits but I did read your post carefully and I have quoted your post. That is exactly what you typed.

This might help: http://www.tecchannel.de/betriebssys...126/index.html

Might be more helpful that the reply(s) you got so far anyhow.
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I read your post and I have to agree with gamer. If you want your name out there, then you'll have to earn it. Now, if you do come up with an exploit, then you'd have to credit whoever gave you help (i.e. members here who set you on the right path).

That said, 1) Don't show up here and come off as having a bad attitude. 2) Download TCPView and you'll be able to determine the ports in a matter of seconds. 3) Take a few minutes and read the site FAQ. It will benefit you greatly. 4) Please credit TheHorse13 when you find your exploit .

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Re: Re: Auto-Update

Originally posted here by gamernewbie
    They are exploits not sploits but I did read your post carefully and I have quoted your post. That is exactly what you typed.
    First of all, they can be called anything... yes, the proper name is exploits, but people call em things like xploits, sploits, etc... Its a matter of preference, and correcting someone that chooses to use another way of spelling, wont get you anywhere.

This might help: http://www.tecchannel.de/betriebssy...1126/index.html

Might be more helpful that the reply(s) you got so far anyhow.
    Thanks for being the first to come to help me out, and not flame

ALL i am looking for is for some information, and if it is this hard to get it, maybe i'll just participate at a different security site... There are millions out there, and hundreds of em are better than this... I thot AO would be better than this, c'mon people.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    ALL i am looking for is for some information, and if it is this hard to get it, maybe i'll just participate at a different security site...
    You aren't participating, you're asking for information. Participation suggests that you are contributing, which clearly you aren't.

ALL i am looking for is for some information, and if it is this hard to get it, maybe i'll just participate at a different security site...
    I'm sure they would all welcome someone with such an elite skillset as yours. Asking questions is *very* difficult. What's even harder is flaming afterwards.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

If hundreds of security sites are better than AO, why do you come here to get information???

Somehow it doesn't make sense to me...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Because i used to be a huge fan of AO, way back in the beginning of high-school.... I thot that AO woulda improved since then... Back then i never came in the forums as much, but now i've decided to come back, and now im thinking that this is a bad idea....

All you AO people, see ya later!!! Not coming back, im finding another security site! Good Riddens!

//Otis