Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Blamed for Murder

These kids, and any kid who commits violence, does so with full knowledge they are going to cause some trouble. Hell they wouldn't be doing it otherwise, because their motivation is the twisted pleasure of violence and control. When they get caught they realize “holy sheet” it's time to pay the piper and now start blaming it on anyone else who could possibly take the guilt and repercussion off of them. They are evil little kids who knew exactly what they were doing.

Now if you DO think that they should have all responsibility washed off of them, then I could place some blame on the parents since the game is rated Mature for strong violence and blood. If it's possible to blame someone else I vote mom and dad since they let their kids play the game. And even though these kids commit atrocities, mom and dad are there to nullify what they did and re-enforce evil behaviors as being OK!

Right and wrong, evil and good does not boil down to a video game. Or come to think of it, a book or a movie or a television show or a song lyric. Especially when several times in the past history of this country legal shenanigans of this nature have been tried as a means for guilty parties to escape reality.

I know allot of you agree with me, just posting my own take.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

doesn't it all boil down to people who dont want to take responsibility for their own actions? it is more convenient to blame something or someone else. this is very similar to the murders over a live action d&d game down in some tunnels under a college campus.

whatever you call it - twinkie defense, mickey d's, media, etc - it's all the same thing and the legal defense system (and more over the entire legal system) is allowing that kind of crap to be used as a "temporary insanity by means of..." plea.

my .02
    Where\'s the ka-booom?
    There was supposed to be an earth-shattering ka-booom!

Banned
    you knoe ther are 13 yr olds reading this...
    are you coming back on that avatar thin i mentioned ..

btw: i think parents should be responsible what kids play ... some kids can go crazy from games and shoot people ... but i dont think this is one of those cases...

Banned
    yep i was comming back with that... howd u guess???

Nightfalls_Girl

Memory : I would argue that someone who is going t ogo nuts and kill a bunch of people will do so with or without the influence of outside forces (such as video games). The games may add a bit of flavor or style to the killings, but they do not turn some one into a killer.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

i play gta vice city constantly and not one time was i ever inspired to go out and replicate actions in the game.

the game carries a rating of M for mature. they should change it to M & NR => mature & not for retards

Banned
    Any one whom goes out and killes or harms people and does not take responsability for there actions is a woss...
    A try hard. shore thay commited the act but that is not what takes guts. it takes guts to admit it and take responsability for it..

Nightfalls_Girl

Hey, this is crap!!! If every kid was inspired by the games he/she played then we would all be killing each other. Ive got two words for these stupid sh**s. "Mother F***er" These kids are just insane and should be locked away forever. Put the key in a key grinder and grind down the pins, melt it down and throw it out. Then pour cement into the lock of their cell. Bye-Bye boys!
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

Lol I like the rating NR - Not for Retards.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    yep yep yep, its a good one ...

Nightfalls_Girl