Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about Delphi????

What about Delphi????

Hey guys, i noticed that pretty much all of your posts are c/cpp, but what about delphi?? Am i the only one here? ROFL!! Anyways, tell me what you think, whatever :P

Yeah, delphi is good. Very easy to learn for a beginnner. We learnt Pascal at school and did a major project on delphi. Quite a little powerful language, i wrote a three-level email encryption program with it.

However, back to being easy to learn. TOO easy for my liking... :;

Delphi is good. You make make a much smaller application than with VB that will do the same thing. VB and C are much more popular because of ease of use and compatability on one side and the open source nut cases on the other.

I say Nut Case as a compliment.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Err... smaller apps, NO!! You have to include runtimes.... VB sucks, just because of that. Delphi is great, cause there are no runtimes required.... But, i guess people do have their opinions, even if they suck :P

Oh, and there is open source for delphi, you just have to look with your eyes open :P

That's what I said! Delphi makes a much smaller app than VB.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

err.... my bad...

I didnt notice you said makes smaller apps THAN vb

I have Delphi, and Delphi can get pretty complex. Take a look at Dev C++.

DOD, Dev C++ is a compiler for C++... You shudda said "Take a look at C++"... Anyways, i've looked into C++, and it is alot like JAVA, and delphi (more like JAVA) but it is still kinda hard, even tho i have the VB, Delphi, and JAVA background.....

Oh, BTW, DEV C++ is a nice compiler

give me vi and g++ anyday. delphi is a good oop I once made a point of sale program with delphi (pascal) that used access for the database and incorperated a barcode scanner and took care of all the buisness aspects of a golf courses club house. It is faster to make a prog in delphi than c++ in my opinion. but if you want to make a program that doesnt need as much code perl is the way to go.
    d0m1n10n: 1.Control or the exercise of control; sovereignty: “The devil... has their souls in his possession, and under his dominion” (Jonathan Edwards).
    2. A territory or sphere of influence or control; a realm.
    often Dominion Abbr. Dom.

Otis:

DOD, Dev C++ is a compiler for C++... You shudda said "Take a look at C++"...
    Dev C++ is written in Delphi that utilizes mingw (http://www.mingw.org/).

MinGW: A collection of freely available and freely distributable Windows specific header files and import libraries combined with GNU toolsets that allow one to produce native Windows programs that do not rely on any 3rd-party DLLs.
    From Dev C++ http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html:

The SourceForge project page is located here. The bleeding edge source code is located at the SourceForge CVS.

Source code for Dev-C++ 5: CVS repository
    In order to compile it, you'll need Borland Delphi 6.
    Mingw source code: http://www.mingw.org/
    So yes it is written in Delphi 6. So research before you yap.