Thread: Outlook Express wont open

Outlook Express wont open

I'm not sure if this is virus related or not, but... When ever i click on the OE icon, the busy pointer shows, but nothing happens. I;ve check the properties and all, the root is where its mean to be, but it wont open even if i do a start run on the .exe Whats wrong! Ive found a temporay solution, by creating or using a different profile, it works, but i've had to create two new ones because thi has happened twice. Any help?

Sounds to me the server properties are messed up. Check the Outlook icon on your desktop. Highlight and right-click > Properties > select the server in the window (should say something about Exchange server) > Properties button - you want to check the server is correctly identified in the following window as well as the user name.

Of course I could be completely wrong since I haven't used Outlook in a while so I'm kinda going by memory.

You are on the right track that creating a new profile is working - it has the right settings. If nothing else - just delete the first profile that is goofed adn you should be alright.
    Where\'s the ka-booom?
    There was supposed to be an earth-shattering ka-booom!

Try reinstalling the application and see if that works. It could be that a .dll file that Outlook Express requires has been corrupted and is not allowing the program to execute.

Before you reinstall make sure that you have admin rights.

ccKid