Connection using DOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection using DOS

Connection using DOS

is there a way to connect to someone else through DOS? You can use it ping and netstat so is there a way to use that information to connect? Thanks!

Once you have a live ip, you can scan the ports or try to connect to open ports. Scan the ports with tools such as nmap, and you can try to connect to open ports with telnet.exe.

For example, at the command prompt:
    telnet 192.168.1.1 23

the 23 at the ned is the port number for telnet, you can also try other ports such as 25-smpt and so on.

Hope this helps!!

"common sense, isn't that common"

Banned
    With netstat if you see IP then usually its because of some form of a connection which has already been established... you can also checkup on some of the ports running on your box. So anyways ummmm you mean like commands kinda like telnet, ftp, & ect? For those just type telnet or ftp then it kinda just guides you through the rest.

Is it me or is this guy hitting up for a happy hacker tutorial? I mean look at the other threads so far...

how many PCs still leave port 23/Telnet port open, isnt that kind of an old thing that has been blocked by everything? I know some places still use it but not all that common. Ive never heard of NMap?

Banned
    Originally posted here by TheDreamer
    how many PCs still leave port 23/Telnet port open, isnt that kind of an old thing that has been blocked by everything? I know some places still use it but not all that common. Ive never heard of NMap?
    Oh damn dude... A instant fear of firewalls, this clearly says you plan on connecting to things that aren't yours, correct?

yes that is correct!! I want to connect to someone, not to destroy stuff, just to do it!

TheDreamer []
    AntiOnline Newbie

I want to connect to someone, not to destroy stuff, just to do it!
    Boy if that isnt original I dont know what is.

http://www.google.com/
    Spread Firefox.

Banned
    Originally posted here by TheDreamer
    yes that is correct!! I want to connect to someone, not to destroy stuff, just to do it!
    telnet://drill.hackerslab.org

There are SMTP servers and various things to telnet to at happy hacker...

Im not some skriptkiddie who defaces stuff just to do it, i actually do stuff just because i am a nerd and its something to do. i am not using trojans to do it, i want to do it using dos. I just wondered.

TheDreamer,
    I am not going to be short with you here... I do not know a whole lot myself, but a great place to get started to learn the general way things work with security stuff, is to read up on it before posting on 20 different boards. Do not take this as a flame. But reading is your friend...a good book I have found for starting out, is a book by syngress called security+, which also happens to be a certification from CompTia. It wont give you the world, but it teaches you some of the basics.

Hope this helps.
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos