Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adrian Lamo

finding a job will be no problem, the companies that thanked him for helping their network security befor will probably fight over him now. the computer usage may be a problem, but he could always be a consultant or teacher of some sort.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

He was more of a "nomad" according to stories I have read. He stayed with friends and his parents sort of traveling around with his laptop and clothing. I don't think he was really poor or homeless, just unemployed and bumming around just like someone might do in Europe.

www.securityfocus.com has been following his story and has a lot of info.

I had read about Adrian Lamo when he walked into I think the WorldCom or was it Exite office and told the system admins how to do their job...for me I think he is a role model..for all his knowledge he has not once attempted to make money of it...I think he was just unluck to get caught before he could walk in the Times office and tell the system admins how to put things right he was caught...I think we at AO should stand up and campaign for him
    The more I learn the less I know...

Originally posted here by Drunk On Duvel

Also, I do not see where prison will reform him... he will have three square meals and a roof over his head. The streets are just as mean as prison if not meaner. On the streets you have no food or shelter.

NY Times are wasting their time.
    It will not reform him, todays prison will do nothing more than help him become a better criminal. But you make it sound as if it is a country club, 3 square meals and a roof do not mean much, most homeless people do not get this and they would much rather have freedom. Also Im not sure what streets your talking about but prison has the worst of the worst, everyday there is real potential for him to be killed for 'disrepecting' someone.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

I think the NY Times should drop all charges against him. What he was doing was helping companies not out to destroy them. I am sure the other companies will give him a job if they don't then they are losing out on a honest hacker.
    That which is eternal cannot die.

See, this is what I dont get. Why do people like Adrian have to look at prison time while a professional sports star can kill someone and walk? It doesn't make sense to me.