Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacking g/f's password??

first delete the acct \/IP3R then try this accts passwd for admin AO...ch33rs ...u are admin now....

nJoy
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Nice post Val......................unfortunately you are too well known for it to be completely effective I was a little disappointed as I was expecting a really humourous piece.

Nice links, and very relevant considering the number of posts recently regarding hacking password files/securing password files. If you use strong passwords and change them regularly, this is better than just trying to protect the file. Security only buys you time; it is never absolute.

I note your comments on writing passwords down (NullDevice...your XP password is on the yellow postit stuck on the top left hand corner of your screen ) This ties in with several posts on physical security..................we need to beware of the enemy within, or who breaks in.

If anyone is in a situation where physical security is an issue, might I recommend removable hard-drives? We used to use them when I was in the Defence Industry. You take out the drive and lock it up in a DoD/MoD/NATO approved secure cabinet. Without the HDD, physical access is of limited value?

I buy the carriers for around £15 (GBP) and they have the added advantage of having a cooling fan at the front to improve HDD life.

I am a believer in writing passwords down. In a sealed envelope kept in a senior officials safe. Preferably without sufficient information as to how to use it "out of the bag". This way only "trusted" people could ask for it, and know how to use it. Remember that the Captain of a thermonuclear ballistic submarine cannot fire the missiles on his own. For private users just write it in two parts and hide them in different places.

Unfortunately, trains, planes and motor vehicles have accidents, so it might be appropriate to have the Administrator password kept elsewhere than in one or two people's heads. OK such a problem can be resolved, but that takes time, so there is an operational/business continuity consideration here?

Cheers

er0k
    Originally posted here by nihil

I note your comments on writing passwords down (NullDevice...your XP password is on the yellow postit stuck on the top left hand corner of your screen ) This ties in with several posts on physical security..................we need to beware of the enemy within, or who breaks in.

i have my passwords on 6'x6' posters on my wall.

I was going to say "if you really love me, you would tell me your password"
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    Originally posted here by rcgreen
    I was going to say "if you really love me, you would tell me your password"
    uha and if you sayed that to me id turn around and say well then i musent really love you cos i aint giving it to you...

Hi er0k,

Hmmm...............you have been on one of those steganography courses?................hide it in plain sight?

QUOTE: i have my passwords on 6'x6' posters on my wall.

Or is it that you have been bunking a trip to the opticians

rcgreen...................I know a totally obscene joke along those lines...but you would need to know about the children's TV program "Bill & Ben, the flowerpot men"...........that never got over to America did it?

Actually, I think that Val pulled a good one, and there are a few good points for newbies ...If they can find them amongst my drunken ramblings?

Cheers folks

LMAo what a trick, doing that to a g/f though is just for some untrustworthy little 2 year old
    Cause: I net send LOZER at school

EFFECT: suspension

Banned
    oh..... I feel like ranting again...
    who the hell would post there passwords on apost it!!

Nightfalls_Girl

Banned
    ok now me really think you is an idiot... :P

Nightfalls_Girl