Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Problems

More Problems

I have a HP 8695C Pavilion on my lan, and recently I've had problems as far as not being able to access files or get to the shard printer. Today I decided to work on this problem. I went into my network connections and deleted all my adapters, netbui protocols, and TCP/IP. There was nothing left. I restarted the Machine, and it saidd it found new devices, but I didn't have driver disks for them so I just canceled out of that. I went to the HP website but all they have is a Keboard driver.

I put My TCP/IP, netbui, protocols back on the machine, and my Network, and dial up adapter are installed. I went into Device Mangager, and it showed my network adapters being fine. However whenever I go to my network config, it says my network is not complete, but everything seems installed right. This computer connects to my router so All I need is the NIC working.

Also when I type ipconfig at the command prompt it says IP configuration failed to initialize.

btw: the OS is Win 98SE
    =

hey cheyenne1212,

when you see that error message, one of two things is happening..
    Either your NIC card drivers are not properly installed and or you do have TCP/IP installed.

Just make sure when you go to device manager that your NIC did not install as an unknown device previously (might have happened initially when you hit cancel) .If it did remove it (the unknown device) and then reinstalll drivers.. I experienced similiar problems in the past..

Cheers.

No it is not installed as a unknown device, its installed as HP EN7xxx Fast Ethernet.

I do Have TCP/IP installed.

I'll see if I can't find the drivers for the card thoug. maybe that will fix it.
    =

Banned
    hav you tryed updating the drivers from the internet??
    if all else fails is there a hammer about?

Nightfalls_Girl

I tried the HP website but thats pretty much hopeless.

Worse comes to Worse I yank ou the HP NIC and pay 15 dollars for a new one.
    =

Regal Making Handler
    In the device manager what are the properties of the card, who supplied the driver? is it a HP, Microsoft or a third party.

If its microsoft the card is supported by the OS. Uninstall the driver, you should then be able to reinstall from the 98 install disk.

Check the card to see if it is HP who manufactured it looking at HP's sight it looks like they supply third party Nic's. They have got nic drivers posted, try this link not sure if it will work or if its any use to you though. http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnote...2477en_US.html
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

The Device Manager says its a HP Fast Ethernet NIC.

I'll try deleting it from the device manager though and reinstalling that way.
    =

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Tigerdirect is giving away NIC cards (after rebate). I wouldn't hesitate dumping your current NIC.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

A couple of questions. You said you have a 8695C Pavilion . HP lists the 8695 Pavilion as a UK version. The 8693C Pavilion is a US version. Is that right ?

The 8695 is an AMD Athlon 750 MHz processor, no nic.
    The 8693c is a 533 MHz Intel Celeron processor, HP 10/100 BaseT LAN Adapter (Ethernet)

Second, do you have the recovery disks? If so, maybe this could help

HP Pavilion Desktop PCs - Restoring Original Drivers and Software
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Hi Cheyenne,

I had some TCP/IP related problems a little while back.

Please check out this article, it may help you confirm that it is the Nic card and not TCP/Ip setup that is the problem?

http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/ps...cp-ip.psc.html

Cheers