Preferences for chairs...

Thread: Preferences for chairs...

Preferences for chairs...

Okay i know this is a bit unusual question for a security forum but a part of security is comfort in your environment. So im asking this. What kind of chair do you use/have at your computer or do you like.
    The reason im asking this is well my chair is a POS and just sitting in it at my comp makes my back ache. Anyone else encounter this? or is your chair just right?
    My chair has a low back which im going to blame but anyone else with a low backed chair experience a slight pain in your back?
    Any help is appreciated since it will be put into the decision process for a new chair.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

well at work, i have a nice swiveling chair that tips back if I want it to. It's pretty comfey. At home however, I have a big ass overstuffed chair I sit in. Like the kind you sit in next to your couch to watch tv. Talk about comfey, I could sleep in it! Not sure how good my home chair is for my back though.... oh well, if my back starts to hurt, i'll know why!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I have 4 Managers chairs with the high backs, Single position tilt lock Tilt/turn mechanism
    Tilt Tension increases or decreases the resistance of chair tilt. What I would do is go to a store that has them and sit in a few of them and see which one is the most comfortable and that you can afford.

LOL cross i was actually thinking of moving a la-z-boy infront of my computer.
    Deadaddict i was contemplating getting a high back chair. I think next time im in office max (only thing around here) i will try your advice and test out a couple chairs. Thanks guys.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

GreekGoddess
    I have a regular cheap-o chair that tilts back, but it's large enough for me to stuff a bean bag chair in it and sit, which is really comfortable. I also have a massager, the kind that fits in the chair, that I alternate. It's really nice after work to come home, check out the forums and e-mail and relax to.

Token drunken Irish guy
    I have a horrible black leathery chair thing that squeks a lot, I aint comofotable and Im in my kitchen for christ sake.

I sit in the chair that comes with the dorm room....it's kinda comfy and I can lean back a long way but you can never tell exactly how far you can lean back. There are 4 legs connecting to longer flat ones that run along the ground....the two long (grounded) legs are kinda rounded on the back so people fall out of em pretty often (yet *another* source of entertainment in a dorm ). It's comfy for small athletic people but it's a pain in the a$$ for everyone else.....and since I'm the small athletic type (like at least 60% of the guys around here...) I think it's pretty comfortable.

At home I sit in a student swivel chair. It has not caused me any backaches yet. At the office I sit in a high back swivel chair that can lean back. That's pretty comfy.

Well in truth at home I hardly sit at my chair since I use my wireless capable laptop and lie on my bed surfing while watching TV. So I guess I am not to sure if that student chair would cause backaches. Hmm. Maybe it does...

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty