Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you get around the RIAA

Can you get around the RIAA

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has now filed suets against 261 people, including a 12 year old girl, for P2P file sharing. Is there anyway to use sites like BearShare, Win MX, eMule, etc..., without fear of repercussions? Since I am a novice at all this, I see no way to log onto these type of sites without revealing your IP address. However, I'm sure there are people out there, all over that have already figured it out.

Another question I have is, how can they regulate the sharing of files that are done from another country, when the DEA can't even crack down on drug sales from out of US pharmacies?

I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.
    Thanks

http://www.kazaalite.tk/ Kazaalite has a list of RIAA (and other organizations that are out to get you) IP addresses which it blocks them from downloading from you. There was also a discussion about Earthstation 5 (http://www.earthstation5.com/chronicles.html) and how it was pretty good at blocking attempts to trace it.

Edit: It was talked about here: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...thstation+five
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

BIOS Bomber
    Oh good! So they wont have to sell off one of their houses and a BMW or two so they can live the same? Damned money grubbing bastards.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

This is a site that is anti-RIAA, and gives you a way to see if you are on the list of people who have been subpeonaed and the best ways to avoid being subpeonaed. May not be fool-proof, but it's a good place to start.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Hello,

Nice link deb
    How u know its anti-RIAA tho.i mean they could want u to go to that site put in yr Ip address and wow bamm.lol have the RIAA knockin at your door.anyhow im new to this site so just wondered how u know that site aint set up by the RIAA or whoever ??
    The only way to make your PC go faster is to throw it out the window
    Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

Just let me point out that although music shareres don't consider themselves guilty (and in my opinion they aren't guilty of any crime), they have had an adverse effect on the Music Industry. Many labels are dropping their albums' list prices, some down from $20 to $12. It's a hefty drop, but it's supposed to regain control of sales, which if you're wondering have dropped 10 percent because of file sharing (http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-996205.html)
    so yeah.

Later,
    Joe
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Originally posted here by LoZond
    Hello,

Nice link deb
    How u know its anti-RIAA tho.i mean they could want u to go to that site put in yr Ip address and wow bamm.lol have the RIAA knockin at your door.anyhow im new to this site so just wondered how u know that site aint set up by the RIAA or whoever ??
    LoZond: The site she posted was the Electronic Frontier Foundation which is dedicated to "Defending Freedom in a Digital World" they are not RIAA owned.

They defend privacy and your rights in this digital world we live in...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

oh ok
    Sorry im new and didnt know what Electronic Frontier Foundation was..

Thanks CXG
    The only way to make your PC go faster is to throw it out the window
    Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

I wonder if the RIAA has any concept that what their doing doesn't matter. Laws are made by people. Eventually the issue of file sharing is going to end up in the supreme court and the majority of justices are going to agree that they liked downloading their favorite country song. They will determine file sharing is legal, and then the RIAA is realy screwed. No matter what happens, file sharing will never stop, wether it is ethical or not.

And also, why would the RIAA be knocking on your door if you join an organization that was against it? Nothing illegal about that, you know.

Regards,
    Joe
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]