Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can you get around the RIAA

everyone should boycott buying music cds untill they stop harassing p2p file sharing, I buy cds also but still dl the same songs I just bought so I know if I like them, and it makes it easier to put them on my mp3 plaer and burn cds, but I still have a decent sized cd collection. EVERYONE BAND TOGETHER AND BOYCOTT BUYINGS CDS
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

everyone should boycott buying music cds untill they stop harassing p2p file sharing
    Well, one major CD producer has opted to lower CD prices to lure back people who use the web for MP3's. I think it's a good call, when I goto the mall some of the CD's for bands that I like are $26 sometimes.

Here's a link to that by the way...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Sep3.html

Hope you like the read.

--Peace

// Hey I just realized that I'm an official AO Member now. Heh, it's taken me a little over a year to get to there. Just wanted to thank everyone on the boards for making this a great experiance for me and continue to do so!

w00t
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Can I get around the RIAA? Yeah.. well, first off, this 12 year old girl had 1,000 + music downloads on her computer. About 65% of the other people who had lawsuit's filed against them had even more than that. Now, I'm a music fan, but christ. My tip to avoid being called to court: Don't have as much music. Delete **** you don't listen to anymore, and try to keep your download rate to a minimum. More than likely, if you maintain low and keep low, in awhile this **** will blow over anyways.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I dont understand how they can sue a 12yr old girl. Sure the girl might be sharing and downloading but isnt there some protection for kids from being sued for $. They should have just warned the girl and informed the parents. Kids shouldnt be treated like adults yet. If it happens agiain after the warning, the maybe they are justified to sue the parents but not the kids. Whats the US becoming when a big corporation can sue a little kid for trying to enjoy music.

This really sucks. I hope that someone does something about it. Me, I'm gonna stop buying Cds and will try to convince everyone I know to stop too. I dont need to download mp3s, when there are so much more better things to do.

FYI XTC46 just to show you how successful something like this can be.there's been a boycott going on for at least a year and a half now. And although i doubt you'll ever hear it from the riaa im sure this has at least a little to do with their loss in profits.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeah Tedob, thas really true :-/ Anyways, what's up man? Long time no chat
    Space For Rent.. =]

Here's my two cents. If you don't want to get in trouble, download what you want, burn the cd's, then delete the songs. If you want to put mp3s on a player, download off your cds, then delete them out of your computer after you make your list for the player. It takes more time, but were is the evidence if you deleted?

Freddy
    cybnut

I have 200 hous of music on my computer,some downloaded some that I copied to my computer my self because I treat my cd's wrong..........so I can have a back up..........How can these M*****F*****S tell what is what.........not to mention the fact that media player reformats all my music to windows format.....there's no way these lawsuits could possibly get anywhere.

...some that I copied to my computer my self because I treat my cd's wrong...
    Look on your CD/CD Case. See that fine print which merely mutters:
    "No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical... etc. etc." (may differ, but you get my point).

You just became an outlaw, me-thinks.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

you are correct, unlike the majority of computer sofware you are not allowed to to make "back-ups" of your music. So unless you pay a legit site to dowload mp3s from you have broken copy right laws. god this law suit **** is soo much crap.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com