Thread: Dead Horse

Dead Horse

I certainly got a laugh out of this one...and the sad thing is, I can relate to a lot of it!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
    The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed down from generation to generation, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

In the Corporate Environment, however, a whole range of far more advanced strategies is often employed, such as:

1. Change riders.
    2. Buy a stronger whip.
    3. Do nothing: "This is the way we have always ridden dead horses".
    4. Visit other countries to see how they ride dead horses.
    5. Perform a productivity study to see if lighter riders improve the dead horse's performance.
    6. Hire a contractor to ride the dead horse. (Can be as useful as a saddle when it comes to protecting your **** !!)
    7. Harness several dead horses together in an attempt to increase the speed.
    8. Provide additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse's performance.
    9. Appoint a committee to study the horse and assess how dead it actually is.
    10. Re-classify the dead horse as "living-impaired".
    11. Develop a Strategic Plan for the management of dead horses.
    12. Rewrite the expected performance requirements for all horses.
    13. Modify existing standards to include dead horses.
    14. Declare that, as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overheads, and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line than many other horses.
    15. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position. (but the competition for positions is fierce).
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

Banned
    hehe. just out of curiosity waht parts do u relate to exatly??

Nightfalls_Girl

I have seen point 15 happen a few times...
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

Banned
    lol ....

Nightfalls_Girl