Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to learn

I want to learn

heya everyone,
    i am new to security, like i know about firewalls and stuff but i want to learn more. i want to know how virii work how the tools on this site work basically i wanna know everthing. i was wondering how i would come acroos this information? any suggestions?
    the tallest blade of grass is first to be cut by the lawnmower

Wow, you certainly want to learn a lot!

I commend you for your thirst of knowledge, but honestly, you're being very vague. What exactly do you want to know about "virii" and "firewalls and stuff"?

My suggestion is to sign up for newsletters, especially bugtraq's at SecurityFocus

Oh, and I almost forgot. Your name tells me a lot about your ventures. Please, read Gore's excellent article: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=245746

Good luck, you've came to the right place.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Banned
    GOOGLE is every ones friend
    www.google.com
    you can find everything there..
    the name in whitch people choose to call themseves shoure does tell a story...

Nightfalls_Girl

...................................................................................................................................................
    a hammer is my friend

-RTFM-

www.google.com

www.happyhacker.com

www.antionline.com

Start with these pages.

now...what do u need to learn about virii? quite frankly one does not quite need a virii tutorial to understand how they work and what they do and to ask to "know" about virii sounds to me like asking to know how to "compile" virii. Please be more specific to avoid missunderstanding.

peace

Evil inside has alot of tutorials..

http://www.evilinside2.tk/
    Has some illegal stuff.. Im sure you can ignore them

My £0.02

--Edit
    Some of the links are broken (most of them illegal tutorials)

Happy hunting

As it has been said before. Google Google Google. It will help you out alot. There is nothing i could stress more than that. Also the sn kinda points to the wrong side of the information you want so you might find a bit more reluctance when it comes to helping with virii. But it is only a screenname so there really shouldnt be much trouble unless you show that what you want to know is going to be used for bad. So post some more and let us know you really want the info for good use.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

i dont mean to be sarcastic, but if you had a specific question, you could search through the tons of posts on a variety of topics in this site

good luck in your quest for knowledge

No i don't want to learn how to compile virii. want to learn how the companys make the antidote to these virii stuff like that. and i thought script kiddie ment someone who doesn't know much about security. am i wrong?

Script kiddie refers to someone who uses others tools with out understanding of how or why they work. It is generally a derogative term.

hiya,

I dunno whether you can get the new scienetist magazine over there in OZ, i think you probably can, but there have an excellent article on how virus scanners are working and how there trying to build more intellengent virus software, that can find viri before there even known.

At the moment virus scanners search for patterns and the likes on the harddisk, new ones are likely to search for behaviour types.

as for the antidote one thing i would suggest doing, is learn to understand ASM (assembly) so you can decompile viri, find out what they do and then remove that with either a a script file (anything from BAT files to Python or perl would work) or even create your own .exe in C or other high level to remove the infect components.

this process can be called reverse engineering, this is name is often associated with software cracking, although its alway applied to electronics, and other legal stuff

i2c