Hello all, this is my first post.
I'm currently taking an Information Assurance class and as an assignment we are to research exploits and pseudocode the steps a virus/worm would take to infect and propagate itself. Sort of to get a feel for how they work and why they do what they do.

I thought it might be interesting to explore the mobile phone route. All of the info I've googled up goes about 50/50 that mobile phone viruses are not possible but will be in the near future to they are possible and a few exist especially now that the new generation phones support J2ME and Vstript, the scripting language of the WAP that have the ability to access the calling functions of the phone.

My idea was a virus that is trasmitted through SMS (short message service) and then transmits the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) and the Mobile Identification Number (MIN) either by phone function or though SMS again. Thus enabling the phone to be cloned.

Question to all is how plausible is this scenerio. Far fetched? Current or distant reality?
I'm not considering actually doing this, mind you, however considering the newness of any actual exploit, the info on the web is lacking.

Thanks for your time.