Filename: activat0r.exe

INFO so far:
    causes an error in files used to display windows and task bar in winxp
    ending process will kill virus until next reboot
    possibly infects multiple os's including amiga and some cell phones
    looks like it opens shares on victim machine
    definately connects to ircserver on 0ptical.net on port 6667
    the infected system's MIRC nick indicates os type
    as of 3:20am 9/12/03 CST there was one active HUMAN user in irc server (besides us)

Discovered by: Ryan_Rester@yahoo.com on 9/12/03

more to come... i'm getting my "expert" in assembly over here soon and i'm still monitoring the server and sent packets

SHOUT OUTZ:
    Chanperv, prophet, thisid, vampgurl12000, low_budget_customs, demonslayer, queenofbreefolk

You may wish to sumit it to Symantec for analyze.

Banned

Re: New Trojan!!!!!!

Originally posted here by Falcon21
    You may wish to sumit it to Symantec for analyze.
    That would almost be even stupider than posting it here. Don't you see that this ******* is just jokeing or either has no idea what he's talking about. The annoying smile beside the subject of this thead suggests that this really is some kinda ****ing joke to him...

Originally posted here by ryan_rester
    ending process will kill virus until next reboot
    Big ****ing deal... the same can happen to just about anything else running at startup ya ****ing dumb son of a bitch.

possibly infects multiple os's including amiga and some cell phones

SHOUT OUTZ:
    Chanperv, prophet, thisid, vampgurl12000, low_budget_customs, demonslayer, queenofbreefolk
    The only way that things going to do all that is if its a "dropper" you ****ing moron, meaning that it can't spread to these things but actually it would needs to drop a whole different .exe or script designed and targeted for another OS to "infect multiple OS" with something... meanwhile the original .exe that droped it would be stuck on a windows OS. Also what the ****ing hell is it gonna do to a ****ing cell phone for that matter? Do SMS bombing and annoy peaple with text on some small LCD screen? Make annoying scripts that can run on PalmOS or phones that probably don't even really have the capabilities to do alot of damage (if any at all)?

lame ass wimps who hang out around the TRL building & lame ass losers who deface sites give shout-outs to boost their popularity or some other lame ****... but I don't think you've actually got any friends to give shout-outs to so STFU, man.

Also if you made this "Discovery" then usually a AVEr or VXer would give better details in the info rather than your garbage... for example, what about its method of startup like registrys and **** 'eh? You completely left that part out not to mention its methods of infection... If you even knew what you were talking about then that would've probably been the first thing you would have posted...

you guys are soooo good

You might want to see some log files I've got... they're kinda interesting. That's the last thing I have to say about it. BTW... Symantec didn't find the MiMail worm first... I did. I just didn't submit it soon enough, so I didn't get credit. Wanna see the logs for that too. LOL

Banned

Re: you guys are soooo good

You might want to see some log files I've got... they're kinda interesting. That's the last thing I have to say about it. BTW... Symantec didn't find the MiMail worm first... I did. I just didn't submit it soon enough, so I didn't get credit. Wanna see the logs for that too. LOL
    Thats a likely story you ******* . Enought excuses... if your for real bring in a bit more detail instead of typeing about how you got this and how you got that & blah blah blaaah.

Otherwise im going to call it as I see it and so far what im seeing looks like lies diped into a pile of ****ing bull-**** to me.

Thumbs down

Geez I can doctor logs too..

But mate honestly you seem to post some shite around the place.. You are either a regular wanker or a comedian in training.. I'll give you credit for intelligence and go with Comedian in training..

just traded an 87 turismo that was falling apart as a downpayment for a 91 mercury sable. The only things I've found wrong so far
    1) back glass busted out (there was a replacement one in the backseat, they're FUN to install... gasketless)
    2) the speedometer doesn't work, I use my palm pilot with gps attachment instead
    3) the old-lady that owned it hit a post at like 5 mph so the airbags are gone. No other problems from that.
    4) the air doesn't work, needs a recharge... big deal. I'm gonna convert it.

I'm hoping it will last a long time, it's got less than 15,000 miles on it... not bad for 1400 bucks
    Ryan_rester@ yahoo.com
    Found here the last post (well at this time)

i hope that we see some entries in the Tech-Humour.. a few comments regarding HandSpring .. perhaps a tutorial on getting the most out of one ie hidden features could be valuable to some..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

k.... it uses the usual lame ass startups in the reg. hkcmd/.../run keys and there are exactly six of them. you want the location of the server. I't on a rooted machine on 0ptical.net. You want the logs where I was chatting whit the guy that wrote it? It's not even the jewel I though it was anyway. It's just a rewrite of sdbot. You want a copy of it? Hang on I'll post it somewhere. Anything else, oh masterfull *******. lol (as for the shoutz: that's my gf's doing)

http://www.geocities.com/icouldnotgetagoodid

Comedian? Thanks for noticing...
    Yep, with a life like mine... and besides, you should pity me. I'm an underpaid phone support tech that's outgrown the job before he ever started. I had to teach our sysadmin how to create a logon script today, but I'm the one that got passed over for the job. lol

You guys are great, I don't care if you bash me or not. I understand the skepticism angle, and I don't blame you... who wants to go rushing head first into stuff like this. Anyway, it just turned out (after talking to the guy who wrote it) that he's nothing more than a "script kiddie." Oh, well... maybe I'll find something good next time.

Today's Expriment..... FAILED.

Ryan Rester

But will it run on my:

Acorn Archimedes 12/20 16MbRAM 151Mb HDD booting the RISK OS?

Ha!................thought so................another lamer.....................no good to me!

Sorry Folks, couldn't resist it

pity.. we all are underpaid for what we have to put up with.. many are over qualified..

I am not sure what level exactly "Brainbench" Qualifications are.. but "Master of Win95 Navigation" and "Master of Win95/98 Fundamentals" are very Impressive..

Some here have trained at the Hardest of the Leading Universities in the World..

Mine are:
    Ba in BsA from U-HK
    Ma in HY,
    and Phd in BFbCaE
    The last with Honours

I know AllenB1963 was a a year or so ahead of me .. and he has worked a little harder for a some better Qualifications..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

point taken

Yeah, it would be nice if we all had the oppertunity to attend such great institiutions of learning... but they cost too much. What can I say, Brainbench is free. I can barely even pay my rent so you can imagine that even junior college is out of the question. I'm just poor white trash... we don't get to go to them good learnin' places like you boys. I've had to teach myself everything I know, so yeah... I lack in certian areas... do I care? If you think I should learn a bit more... by all means add some cash to my bank account and I'll drop work and gladly take a few lessons. Anyway, you take a look at that file yet? Find anything else out? Am I a liar or is it a rip off of sdbot? I'll check to see if you reply later, for now though... some of us have to slave away to pay the bills.

BTW: I like my Win95 cert... I think it's funny.